"weight loss supplements"

Options

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's a shame that these products are still on the market despite being utter nonsense. These products are aimed at vulnerable people who desperately want to change their situation - enter the 'quick fix' pill and every one jumps on it with high hopes, relying on this product to turn things around for them. People in desperate situations will pay whatever the price, I know because I was once one of them.

I probably spent in excess of £300 over the years on these 'empty promises' and was thoroughly disappointed every time. The weight loss industry makes huuuuuge amounts of money - and WHY. WHY. WHY?

Weight loss is free. Your body doesn't charge for a calorie deficit :)
  • lauramariew
    lauramariew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried the It Works wrap...only because my friend was selling it and gave me a wrap to try for free. I followed the directions, took before and after photos, and guess what?!! Not one single noticeable change, other than a rash where the wrap was. Now my friend did make excuses stating that I need to do the whole program for 90 days to see results. I reminded her that it states in all the ads that you see "amazing" results in just one wrap. Ha!
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    it really makes me wonder about the before & after pics when the time frame between pictures is only around 48 hours...baffles my mind !!!!

People will really do anything to lose weight !!! Trick their minds in to believing that the magic fat burner pill actually works.

I have personally tried weight loss programs and shakes etc...of course they work when you're on the program or drinking the shake every dam day !!! Stop doing those things and OMG the weight comes back..go figure !!!

I lose weight at a snails pace BUT im going to do this on my own :)
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What I have noticed in all the ads is the difference in angle and light in the before and after pictures. what this has taught me is that if I only let people see my *kitten* from above and slightly to the left it is much smaller :)
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    bahahahahahaha good call !!!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    What I have noticed in all the ads is the difference in angle and light in the before and after pictures. what this has taught me is that if I only let people see my *kitten* from above and slightly to the left it is much smaller :)

Yep, that and they sometimes hire 'models' to lose weight quick and unhealthy for the shots. Read some descriptions by them on how it works. It's certainly nothing to do with the product.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I haven't tried them personally but I see the products all the time on Instagram. I always get a chuckle out of the ads for them. Apprantly you can even wrap your face now to remove the fat. Hilarious.

Is it bad that I'm excited for this development? Mostly because the wraps I've seen are saran wrap, and I figure this will weed out the derp rather quickly...

Beat me to it! This was my first reaction as well.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The wraps are just squishing you so the fat moves a little bit. The carb blocker pills are mainly white kidney bean, if you believe it works then eat it instead of taking it in a pill. Most of the "Speed your metabolism" tablets seem to be just cayenne chilli powder, add it to your food instead.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    I haven't tried them personally but I see the products all the time on Instagram. I always get a chuckle out of the ads for them. Apprantly you can even wrap your face now to remove the fat. Hilarious.

Is it bad that I'm excited for this development? Mostly because the wraps I've seen are saran wrap, and I figure this will weed out the derp rather quickly...

Beat me to it! This was my first reaction as well.

Just... wow... Hope they're prepared for the class action suit.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have friends that swear by the wraps and pills. I just can't bring myself to waste the money on this junk !! It baffles me that people believe it actually works.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have friends that swear by the wraps and pills. I just can't bring myself to waste the money on this junk !! It baffles me that people believe it actually works.

How do your friends look, over the years? Do you notice them looking leaner consistently?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    best: a simple daily multi-vitamin

Studies have shown that multi-vitamins actually aren't that helpful. If you are worried about a specific deficiency, you should supplement that vitamin or mineral. But there is little evidence that a multi-vitamin helps people be more healthy OR to lose weight.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ephedra was banned because people were dying, it was linked to 155 deaths, it wasn't because it was too effective. Bitter orange has the same cardiac side effects as ephedra.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    it really makes me wonder about the before & after pics when the time frame between pictures is only around 48 hours...baffles my mind !!!!

People will really do anything to lose weight !!! Trick their minds in to believing that the magic fat burner pill actually works.

I have personally tried weight loss programs and shakes etc...of course they work when you're on the program or drinking the shake every dam day !!! Stop doing those things and OMG the weight comes back..go figure !!!

I lose weight at a snails pace BUT im going to do this on my own :)

It's not uncommon for there to be a longer time frame for results that they are claiming. I've also heard where progress pictures have been reversed so what you think is a 'before' is really 'after'.
  • AndrelleJohnson
    AndrelleJohnson Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tried it before I found this app. And I can honestly say it does work but it is very temporary!! So I just advise you not to waste your money on it.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options

How do your friends look, over the years? Do you notice them looking leaner consistently?

Sorry...been away for a bit...nope they haven't lost a single inch !!! I guess they just keep hoping
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My sister in law swore by them for awhile, but mostly because if she could get you to buy them, she got money.

It took her nearly a year to admit that although she might see some before and after results the day of, there was no lasting effect.

And she was their poster child of wishful thinking. She took the hair growth pills for awhile and in her after picture you could almost see her forehead from behind she was tilting her head so much.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    My sister in law swore by them for awhile, but mostly because if she could get you to buy them, she got money.

It took her nearly a year to admit that although she might see some before and after results the day of, there was no lasting effect.

And she was their poster child of wishful thinking. She took the hair growth pills for awhile and in her after picture you could almost see her forehead from behind she was tilting her head so much.

wow !!! I guess if we really tell ourselves something, we start to believe it wholeheartedly