Ketogenic buddies?

Options
Hi! I'm Ashley! I'm 23 years old, a momma of a sweet little boy, work hard as a dental assistant , and live in good 'ol VA!
....I've recently just started following this Ketogenic diet I heard about from a guy that lost 140 pounds in less than a year...that's insane, right? ..but he swears by keto and he's convinced me to give it a whirl...
..I'm looking for other keto people to follow on MFP. We can keep each other motivated and inspired! ....I'm hoping to loose at least 50pounds by April,2016...(I'm a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding..I need to look gooood!)

...so if you're keto (or not), Lets be friends! :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The Low Carber Daily and Keto groups will have many keto'ers and low carbers to chat with. There aren't many keto'ers around the main board.

Good luck!! Remember to increase your salt intake in the first few weeks.
  • ashilyyy1
    ashilyyy1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you!!!
  • mrios_58
    mrios_58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to the whole keto thing too we could learn together so don't be shy to share if you find something new. :)
  • Gina2xoxo
    Gina2xoxo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Where are those forums nvmomketo? Are they outside of MFP? I don't see them.
  • jplinis
    jplinis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Just started keto as well. :)
  • ksaroyan
    ksaroyan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've done keto before... Its truly the fastest and best way I lose weight and actually keep it off. I went a little nuts off keto, so I gained weight, but you have to eat everything under the sun to do that LOL. The best thing is that you're never hungry on keto. If anything, I'm trying to eat more to get to my daily calorie minimum. Fat intake keeps you nice and full. Feel free to add me. :) Good luck!
  • ecoughtrey
    ecoughtrey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a ketopaleo follower too. Feel free to add me :-)
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on and off but really trying.
  • Rob461
    Rob461 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also doing keto for about 60 days now. (Down 45 lbs!!) Add me if you'd like!
  • dennismccart
    dennismccart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What was your start weight?

I just started my Keto diet on Monday. I started out around 170lbs, would like to lose 20lbs. My current BMI is 26.6..
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for about a month. Anyone doing the Keto diet should friend me! I ant more people in my feed who eat like I do.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    What was your start weight?

I just started my Keto diet on Monday. I started out around 170lbs, would like to lose 20lbs. My current BMI is 26.6..

My start weight was somewhere around 185-190. I am now 156. That took me about 3.5 months. Losses have slowed to 1lb per week now that I am at a normal BMI. (I am 5'8")

Make sure to increase your sodium. Low salt is the main cause of the "keto flu". 3000-5000mg is a good level of sodium. Drinking broth or salted water will help.

Good luck.