Do you suck in your stomach?

Options
gnat45
gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
I do. Not only does it make me look thinner, but it also makes my posture better.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Yes I do!
  • Reggiefinleysr
    Reggiefinleysr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do. Embarrassingly so. :)
  • aclark41
    aclark41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time...i think its good for your ab muscles also...its like a constant workout
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I do. It makes my posture better too. But it's more keeping my abs engaged than sucking my stomach in. :wink:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yup I STILL do lol
  • dancerkiraa
    Options
    I do all the time! It makes me look thinner. But it kind of makes me feel like im fat
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was taught that's how you are supposed to walk when I was in cheerleading a LOOOOONG time ago.....It just became habit but it's vey good for your posture and it also heps work your abs! I tried letting i just hang on our I cant do it and it looks BAD anyway LOL
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    HEK YESSS! it also burns calories and it works your ab as well!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I do until I can't do it anymore. Who knew holding your tummy in was such a work out?! :noway:
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I guess I never thought of it, but now I will!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yup. Trying to strengthen my abs. My tummy is a buldging and I'm trying to tone anyway I can:noway:
  • layasideEVERYweight
    Options
    YES!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time! Sometimes it hurts because I do it so much. lol I can't wait until I don't have to anymore.
  • kroman911
    kroman911 Posts: 11
    Options
    I do all the time, it's especially effective right after I wake up haha No food or water in the belly after sleeping so it's an extra bonus and keeps me motivated to continue on my weightloss path :) It's weird....I know.....
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do, but I'm trying not to anymore. I find that when I tuck my tummy in tightly I can't take deep "belly breaths", which makes it harder for me to do any exercise.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Until I forget, then I let it all hang out.:blushing:
  • CanadianChic
    CanadianChic Posts: 141
    Options
    I have been doing that for years!! Every day of life, Every minute! :smile: Even when i wasn't overweight.
  • vishalram
    vishalram Posts: 3
    Options
    I do too.....and here I thought I was weird for doing it..
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree with many others! I do, frequently, and it's great for your posture (helps you 'stand tall and live long' lol) and your abs!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    all the time! I have learned through exercise dvds and some magazines that you are supposed to engage your abs as you are walking and sitting and it will not only give you a mini workout it will also make you look thinner. The only time I don't suck in is when I am taking my picture to track my progress.