Late night snack ONCE a week

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    not a late night snacker, but I eat dinner every night around 9:00 PM. i get the impression your worried about eating late or past a certain time or something.
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat "dessert" (something sweet) after every supper and 95% of the time I also have a late night munchie snack.

Don't limit yourself, you'll end up feeling deprived.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    no. i have a late night snack every night
  • Squeaky_XO
    Squeaky_XO Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    not a late night snacker, but I eat dinner every night around 9:00 PM. i get the impression your worried about eating late or past a certain time or something.

I'll admit I do worry about eating last a certain time.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Squeaky_XO wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I'll admit I do worry about eating last a certain time.

There's no need to--it doesn't matter what time you eat.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I eat a snack at 9pm or so every night. My only timing concern is that certain foods give me heartburn if I eat them late at night. So I avoid those.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Now that I have stopped eating processed foods and dropped my sugar intake WAY down, I don't really feel the need to snack.... at all. If I feel hungry a few hours after supper I must have done something wrong with my meal planning/execution. I will eat more protein and/or a good fat, call it a night. I found the easiest way to tackle this is a few slices of bacon or maybe a few fried eggs.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have snacks every night. It is part of my routine, popcorn, yogurt, a vita top and I get a dessert on my plan
  • Squeaky_XO
    Squeaky_XO Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Now that I have stopped eating processed foods and dropped my sugar intake WAY down, I don't really feel the need to snack.... at all. If I feel hungry a few hours after supper I must have done something wrong with my meal planning/execution. I will eat more protein and/or a good fat, call it a night. I found the easiest way to tackle this is a few slices of bacon or maybe a few fried eggs.

Sounds like you have a similar appetite to my little brother. He could eat bacon anytime of the day. I never was a fan of bacon and rarely ever eat it. Unless it's turkey bacon and cooked correctly. But more of an eggs person.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Instead of late at night, when it will be stored as fat, why not do it early morning when you have all day to burn it off?
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »
    Instead of late at night, when it will be stored as fat, why not do it early morning when you have all day to burn it off?

I call BS. I've been a late night snacker my entire live, and have never been fat.
    Even at rest your body burns calories to keep you alive.
    Could you please stop spreading nonsense statements and inaccurate advice.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

Calories don't know or care what time it is.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

No, no it won't!!
  • cdmart1
    cdmart1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i call it a large glass of diet coke with 4 shots of whiskey and a bad red box movie
    oh and and entire bag of low fat popcorn

Funny! I'm there right now
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    A protein / fat snack is good then - try 4% cottage cheese with a few frozen blueberries - I add protein powder on training days - Eastcoast Jim
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I eat a late snack (about 8pm) every night with my glass of wine in the evening. Lost weight and maintained with late snacks.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Every. Night.

Are you kidding?
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Mostly cutting out late night snacks (it was practically a 4th meal for me) really helped me get to my goal. But once in a while, I'll have a little something anyway, especially on days when I have extra exercise calories to spend.

Dammit food, why do you have to taste so good :(
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by snack, and what is late night? I have supper every night.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Squeaky_XO wrote: »
    Does anyone else do this?

I have a snack almost every night. I eat up until 10 some nights.