losing weight and bras

13»

Replies

• spiritlevel9
    spiritlevel9 Posts: 48 Member
    @arditarose mine are fairly pricey but they are padded and moulded and give me a better shape when dressed. I had such a hard time finding a well fitting one that I got several the same. They have lasted really well though.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I want to burn my bras. I went from having small breasts to having almost nothing. So hard to find a bra that looks pretty and makes me feel confident now. Unless I spend a crap ton of money. Maybe it's worth it though.

you're always worth it! think of the money some spend on getting implants or lifts. If you can achieve a bit of that same confidence with an $80 bra, isn't it worth it? (Especially if they last longer in good repair than average bras?)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I want to burn my bras. I went from having small breasts to having almost nothing. So hard to find a bra that looks pretty and makes me feel confident now. Unless I spend a crap ton of money. Maybe it's worth it though.

you're always worth it! think of the money some spend on getting implants or lifts. If you can achieve a bit of that same confidence with an $80 bra, isn't it worth it? (Especially if they last longer in good repair than average bras?)

I know but then I'm like...oh, no one can see under my clothes. I might as well buy nice clothes instead. I do think I need to suck it up though.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member

I know but then I'm like...oh, no one can see under my clothes. I might as well buy nice clothes instead. I do think I need to suck it up though.

Don't underestimate the inherent value in achieving this. I of course don't know your situation. I'm very frugal VERY VERY frugal. But I find it worth it in the long run to buy the $80 bras not only financially but for the added confidence that helps me in life, at work, when I go to the auto mechanic, arguing my way out of traffic tickets, etc.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

Don't underestimate the inherent value in achieving this. I of course don't know your situation. I'm very frugal VERY VERY frugal. But I find it worth it in the long run to buy the $80 bras not only financially but for the added confidence that helps me in life, at work, when I go to the auto mechanic, arguing my way out of traffic tickets, etc.

lol. You're right. I think it's important too.

Honestly, I get a little sad in the bra store. I think I need to go somewhere nice. Still, I look at my breasts and sometimes it's hard for me to accept.
  • littlebagofbones
    littlebagofbones Posts: 7 Member
    Wearing the right well-fitting bra makes a HUGE difference in how your clothes fit, and your overall shape/profile. They're called "foundation" garments for a reason. For your clothes to look good, they need to go over a good foundation.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    I finally invested in a properly fitted bra. Lost about 30 pounds since my last off-the-rack bra purchase at a discount store. This time I went to Nordstrom's lingerie, was properly fitted, shocked at the unexpected size difference, and SO pleased with the results. Look and feel 10 years younger and 10 pounds lighter, just by having the right foundation garment! Well worth the money!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    92# loss and I only changed bra sizes once...down one band size.

I just replaced bras that were worn out and didn't need to buy new ones all at once.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Losing weight is great. Losing bras is expensive.
  • alfageorge19
    alfageorge19 Posts: 12 Member
    R u serious
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I've gone through several sizes. Getting "professionally" measured may or may not be helpful. I've found that those people don't always know what they're doing, so there's that. If the bra fits and works, I know it, so I skip those people now.

Since my favorite unseemed-cup bra was discontinued, I haven't really found one that I liked.

Like the rest of my body, my boobs have extra skin and really require good coverage from a full cup, not one of those deals where the support is more on the outer edges. The trend in bras these days is not a full cup, so it rather gets on my nerves to bra shop.

I think I started in a 44DD and am now in a 38 (close to 36) D. When I drop a band size, I may be going back to a DD, but Ds are working well for now.

Seriously. Real specialty bra shops are one thing, but non-specialty often don't know anything at all. Victoria's Secret in particular is super hit or miss. The measuring technique they use is questionable, and their sales staff may or may not have the beginning of a clue.

I remember trying to find a bra once at VS and not being able to find one that was quite right. After bringing me several different sizes to try on, the salesgirl offered to measure me, and then declared I was a 36A.

After side-eyeing the hell out of her- because even in a baggy t-shirt it's clear I'm not an A cup- I left and got the freaking 34E I needed from a different store.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I've heard lots of people say that Nordstrom is a great place to get measured and that VS is a HORRIBLE place to get measured.

YMMV
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    92# loss and I only changed bra sizes once...down one band size.

I just replaced bras that were worn out and didn't need to buy new ones all at once.

I had to transition bra sizes midway through. I started falling out underneath the band. Now I'm falling out the band again.. I cannot believe I'll have gone from a 40 to a 34 band.