What are your fitness goals?

Options

Replies

• panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1 - I just started cycling again in April after 10 yrs and set a goal of 1000 miles on my bike for the year. At that point, I couldn't do more than a few miles without my chest wanting to explode. After a 50 mile ride yesterday, I am at 1274 miles for the year. I upped my goal to 1500 by the end of the year and am not far off.

2 - Get in shape to ride a century. I am not quite halfway there. Just upped my long rides to 50 miles from the 30 mile rides I have been doing. Adding in shorter interval training to increase my speed as well. This did not have a specific date associated with it and I figured I would need at least one season to get back in shape.

3 - Join a gym and consistently go twice a week. I have been good with this since June.

• emilyryder87
    emilyryder87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To be able to run with my son's and not have to stop for shortness of breath. I want to be able to throw them in the air with ease and squat to pick things up whole holding them.

Mom goals :/ They're 1 and 3 months so everything I do right now is for them. It just happens to help my personal health
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    1- Be able to do a proper push-up (and hopefully be able to do more than a few!)

2- Run a 10 minute mile

3- Complete a 5k in under 30 minutes
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals, everyone!
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    to run more and more and more

first SMART goal is to finish off my first marathon on sunday

then run many more marathons, and start to think about longer distances, like 50k and more
  • Orphia
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    to run more and more and more

first SMART goal is to finish off my first marathon on sunday

then run many more marathons, and start to think about longer distances, like 50k and more

Wow, good luck!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    to finish a half marathon. without walking.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    To stay as fit as I am for as long as I live.
    To ride the NY Marathon route on my bike with my friends on November 1
    To recover from my recent injuries without losing too much of number 1
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    I have too many goals...and at times they tend to conflict with each other, which can be deflating.

I enjoy lifting weights and seeing new PR's. Want to hit that 300 bench, 400 squat, 500 DL threshold, but don't want to sacrifice my body weight to get there. I've only been lifting for 15 months or so, but it's hard to keep trying to add weight without feeding the body and I'm still not down to the BF% level that I'd like to be.

I enjoy running as well and was proud of the fact that I had gotten up to half marathon distances at less than an 8 min mile. Then I moved from a flat landscape to hills. That combined with trying to bulk to add muscle for the above lifting goals, and I'm 20lbs heavier and back to only running like 3-4 miles when I run instead of 4-6 with the occasional 10+.

I also want to run a Spartan race (combination of speed and strength) with my brother next year.

We'll see how all of this stuff plays off of each other. Seems like I just keep rotating between different goals and when I go for a new personal best in one, the others suffer. Why can't I just be good at everything at once LOL
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day.... I have NO fitness goals :( I just do my thing.
    So I am wondering if I am doomed to fail...
    Because with everything that I've accomplished (otherwise) in my personal and professional life, I've set out specific goals and mapped out a plan to achieve them.
    And I make sure that everything I do is in target with my ultimate goals.
    I think this is very important and I think that's a huge part of what I've accomplished many things in my life.

But with fitness I am just like, put one foot in front of the other and just do something, anything.

I need fitness goals....but crap, it is exhausting just thinking about 'em!

I'll start small:

• To not jiggle when I wiggle :wink:
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My 2015 goals include:
    - Ability to do 5 shoulder width pull-ups, currently at 2
    - Complete 2nd Tough Mudder, done
    - Learn a martial art. Done enrolled in Krav Maga
  • Orphia
    Options
    Loving everyone's contributions!

Just realised I haven't posted my goals!

1. Run a 5K.
    2. Walk 25,000 steps one day in the next month.

I have a goal on the horizon, depending on how I go with C25K and parkrun, which is to do a 4.2 km fun run in 3 weeks time. But it's not a goal set in stone. Just a dream at this point. My PB is only running 2.5 km so far last weekend, interspersed with walking.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    2015 goals:
    150lb squat (done; actually did 160lb); 10 chin-ups (done); 95lb bench (done; actually did 105lb); 235lb deadlift (currently at 225, but I did get 235 off the ground a couple of inches)

2016 goals:
    12 chin-ups, 170lb squat, 110 bench, 250 dl (I realize I haven't hit my current goal yet, but I will)

I set my goals based on "strength standards" for my size.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Certainly ambitious, but my goal is to take a sabbatical to Tanzania in 2017 and hike to the summit of Kilimanjaro, the tallest peak in Africa. It's by far the easiest of the seven summits but it's still the tallest non-technical mountain in the world.

The rest of this year is mainly focused on fat loss and muscle maintenance, and all of next year on endurance and experience.
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well, I've achieved two of my goals: beaten my previous Half Marathon PB and run a full marathon. Last thing for this year is to run a sub 25 minute 5k again. Distance has been taking up all my attention recently, I want to pick up my sped again.
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is just to be healthy and strong. I wanted my back and hips to stop hurting from the extra 103 pounds I was lugging around - they don't hurt anymore! I wanted to be able to keep up with my toddlers - I can! I wanted to be able to walk up stairs and just in general really and not get winded - I can!
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I want it all. I want to be stronger and faster with better precision in my sport. I can work on strength with precision. I can work on speed with precision. But bringing it all together in my sport is a real art. Something always seems to fail. So, my goal is to look effortless and win.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Current goal is to finish out the Insanity Max 30 program. On week 6 day two. All workouts completed on schedule so far. My endurance and strength has improved quite significantly so I'm pleased with that. Haven't decided what comes next.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    1. Do 25 pushups on my toes
    2. Hold a 90 second plank
    3. Run a 5k with no walk breaks
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    My next goal is a full marathon, then I want to start some serious road cycling.

My previous goals were..
    Half marathon
    Obstacle course races - Completed a Tough Mudder and a Kernow Killer
    To put on socks and tie my sneakers without the need for that grunting sound. You know the one... Oh wait, I'm already way past that point :#

Haha! I hit my thirties and started to do that. I've even started to do it when I sit down and stand up. Sometimes I combine it with a little puff of the cheeks.