babbsisthebest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1 cup soy milk
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 tbs ground flax seeds
    1 tbs peanut butter
    1tbsp old fashion oats
    Cinnamon sometimes

Mix all ingredients in a blender and drink on the way to work. I stay full all morning.
  • Samantha21784
    Samantha21784 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't trust protein powders so I add Greek yogurt to my smoothies for some protein. This is my usual recipe:

1 cup unsweetened almond coconut milk
    1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
    Handful of spinach or kale
    1 cup of fruit of your choice (mix and match)
    1 tbsp of cacao powder (makes anything taste good)
    1 tbsp ground flaxseed
    A few almonds for extra protein

Comes out yummy and under 300 calories and keeps me satisfied until lunch. Also great for after a workout.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

I've done this one a couple times:

1/2 cup almond milk (20 calories)
    1 banana - save about 1/4 to 1/2 of the banana to slice into the blended shake
    1/2 Apple
    Handful of kale (~25g)
    Handful of spinach (~35g)
    ~100 calories any protein powder
    Some spice for flavor - I use pumpkin pie spice
    About 30 calories honey

Blend. I like it thick and just pour it in one of those 16 oz turn and lock top containers and eat it with a spoon. I don't mind that it doesn't have fat because 100% guaranteed my next meals will have enough for the day

PS: using coffee as the liquid base, why didn't I think of that!

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have real issues with true "meal replacement shakes", smoothies made with whole (intact with fiber) fruits, vegetables, grains, nut butters or seeds are something completely different. If smoothies work for you, great. But shakes made from a powder or liquid mixed with juice, milk or water as meal replacements have always been a no go for me. When replacing a meal or two with a shake, I would be ill in no time.
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this lady is 100% trustworthy with your tastebuds! Have a look at this website for some delicious shake ideas for breakfast :) (PS her protein powders are amazing, the best tasting I've ever used and there are vegan options too)

https://www.thehealthychef.com/category/recipes/

Alternatively, here are some great breakfast options that you can prepare the night before and take with you to work. Similarly I've never had a failure with anything I've tried from the Lorna Jane kitchen.

http://www.movenourishbelieve.com/category/recipes/

Good luck!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have real issues with true "meal replacement shakes", smoothies made with whole (intact with fiber) fruits, vegetables, grains, nut butters or seeds are something completely different. If smoothies work for you, great. But shakes made from a powder or liquid mixed with juice, milk or water as meal replacements have always been a no go for me. When replacing a meal or two with a shake, I would be ill in no time.

I typically agree but since mine is also a vitamin & a probiotic, I use it; plus I dislike smoothies & this is as close as I can get, to having a milkshake daily; without actually having a milkshake daily. Also I explained in my above post, about how cost effective; this is for me. 13 meals, vitamins & a probiotic for approximately $3.00 total is only 0.23 daily.

The only other time that I ever went on a "shake diet", was after I had my wisdom teeth removed & with complications (lockjaw), I couldn't consume solid food; for a week. I wasn't trying to lose weight then but this was before the days of Ensure being available. So I drank Slim Fast shakes & ate yogurt & baby food.
  • pembr0ke
    pembr0ke Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, milk, banana, peanut butter, vanilla essence, flaxseed and a few cubes of ice. High in protein, good fats and carbs. Made this exact shake this afternoon; very yummy!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you think I could still get it but online? :)
    That one sounds pretty good!

E-mail the company and see if they have shipped to Australia before. The reason I bring this up is because I lost $300 worth of products once that I ordered from America, because our stupid customs wouldn't let it through, it got seized and destroyed. They have a massive list of foods/supplements not allowed here :rage:

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This is probably one of the better shakes I've found here, it has the added pre and probiotics, plus sea greens.

http://www.isowhey.com.au/products/shakes
  • phoebe4fitness
    phoebe4fitness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are amazing! So many recipes and such healthful advice! I've screenshot all the recipes for me to try! Thank you everyone! Xx