Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How Do You Lose 100 Pounds? My story, a work in progress!

Replies

• judih773
    judih773 Posts: 8 Member
    what an absolutely amazing effort and success good on you - you are fabulous :-)
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Thank you thank you all! I can't wait to get the rest of the weight off, too. But it is amazing what a difference there is even now. I just came home from a short vacation that involved a day at the beach and I was in heaven. It was a totally different experience now that I am not so ashamed of my body. It is still far from perfect, but with all the stuff I do now, I feel way more confident and capable. That means more to me than a number on a scale.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Major high 5's on your success!!!!!
  • Riherd2015
    Riherd2015 Posts: 1 Member
    You are fabulous..you look fabulous...keep moving forward, never look back.
  • radiosilents
    Riherd2015 wrote: »
    You are fabulous..you look fabulous...keep moving forward, never look back.

Will do! :)
    Major high 5's on your success!!!!!

Thank you!!!

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Congratulations!!!
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    I just read your interview! So inspiring!! So many times I get hung up on the number I have left (right now 50-70lbs) and it seems so far away. I lose very slowly. Then I see the 100lb + losses and I stop feeling sorry for myself! Congratulations and continued success!
  • fightlikeabrave
    fightlikeabrave Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a success story junkie and yours is one of the best! Never quit and never EVER lose the cat glasses!!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Well done girl friend!!! :) You look amazing!! You look like you've lost much more than 100 lbs! Keep up the good work! :) I have 30 more lbs to lose to hit the 100 lbs lost mark, it feels so far away, thanks for sharing... needed that little kick in the butt this morning!
  • donnaknighten88
    donnaknighten88 Posts: 2 Member
    You go girl! Very inspirational. You look fabulous!
  • radiosilents
    You guys, thanks so much again. I am glad that my story is inspiring you! Funny enough, I've hit kind of a hard time since posting, but I am NOT giving up. I've gained too much positive stuff to go back from where I came. No way, no how.

If anyone wants to be friends, I am happy to – but as stated on my profile page, PLEASE send a note with your request! I've received several requests with nothing and from people who don't have a profile filled out, and have declined them. I like to know a little bit about the people I "hang" with here on MFP! :)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Amazing! Great job!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Very inspiring!! Amazing job!
  • radiosilents
    Thank you thank you!
  • radiosilents
    edited September 2015
    Hi again, everyone. I wanted to report in on my "progress" – unfortunately I have bounced up a few pounds since losing the 100, but I am holding on. Yesterday I did a full purge of ALL the clothes not serving me well in my life and made the decision to get rid of everything that was too big, even just a little, and everything that I did not feel good in, even if it "fit". What an amazing exercise! In the past when I'd lost weight I always hung on to the bigger clothes, and I think that gave me permission to gain the weight back. This way I will need to be really careful of the decisions I make if only because I will have no "fall back" clothes to wear. Fortunately, I DID hang on to a lot of clothes that I outgrew over the years and so I have rediscovered more stuff I can wear now and look forward to wearing things in another 20+ pounds lost. That is fun!

I have realized that I am about to enter the 18 to 20/XL size range, which is very exciting and motivating. Taking the time to go through piles of clothes helped me remember all the reasons I am doing what I'm doing and why I want to keep doing it until I reach my goal.

Even though I have been stuck in the mid-270s for the past month or so (272 was the 100 pound mark), I'm doing lots of amazing activities, and I am getting a taste of what maintenance will be like. Seems pretty awesome and doable, but now I am ready to take things to the next level. I think that the next 50 pounds or so will be especially transformative.

Here's a photo I took yesterday in all my tryings-on. I'm wearing a t-shirt I used to wear in college 25 years ago, and jeans that I was only ever able to wear for a short period about 10 years ago (and not even that comfortably back then!). Yes, I held onto clothes that I really liked as I gained weight and grew out of them. So glad I did!

elg3d37g4ram.jpg

And here I am about to cross the finish line at the last 5K I ran last Friday. ;)

jfbyqzhxpmqr.jpg

Feeling pretty great!
  • rubywooed
    rubywooed Posts: 18 Member
    So awesome! I love your story! :-)
  • SaraSinsation
    SaraSinsation Posts: 15 Member
    Amazing! Congratulations! Im down 91 lbs since February of this year and I would love to add you if you would let me- I have about 76 lbs to go and I want to stay motivated and build a support team.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Great job! 100 lbs takes so so much work, yet you did it! ^^
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    You're amazing!!! Keep it up! Thank for sharing.
  • radiosilents
    I am updating again because I haven't lost any more weight.

On the plus side:

• I have more or less maintained for almost three months

• I reached out for help this past weekend when I had a crisis of faith in myself that I wouldn't be able to finish what I started. A post on Facebook asking for help yielded so many amazing comments from friends and family, and I am now feeling energized and ready to tackle the next 100 pounds. It's overwhelming and a little scary, but it's something I NEED to do.

• I am working with a nutritionist!

My latest blog post about this: Support Systems Are Crucial

I am NOT giving up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!