I don't know how to date...

2»

Replies

• BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    "hey would you like to *insert activity here* on Saturday?"
    You should wear a t-shirt with this quote on it.

Agreed! :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Tip 2: Do kiss him (even a peck) goodnight, if you like him.

Guys are pretty oblivious most of the time, and the chances of the average guy picking up on subtle hints is pretty nil...LOL

I agree with this! A peck kiss, a goodnight hug, and/or touches on the forearm and/or shoulder while chatting are really good ways to help a guy know you're attracted to him. Many guys need that nudge I have found, especially if you're not a naturally affectionate and flirty woman. I know I'm pretty physically affectionate with guys I am already in a relationship with, but have a very modest and maybe even (CRINGE) businesslike demeanor on first dates so yeah...what he said!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    "hey would you like to *insert activity here* on Saturday?"
    You should wear a t-shirt with this quote on it.
    I'm going to make this shirt now.......no, not with a sharpie.

*ordering*

Should get one for each day of the week...and wear them on top of each other :laugh:
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Hey take the bull by the horns, you want to date a guy/girl ask. Whats they worse thing that can happen, they say no! BFD. seize the chance kid, you may end up like me if you dont. And trust me, that's worse than a knock back.
    This is the best piece of advise ever given on the internet.
  • The easiest way to meet him is ask your mutual friend to host a relaxed group activity like a BBQ, watching a sporting event, etc. that you both go to. Put on some cute clothes, have a couple cocktails, and just talk with him. If you like him and there is chemistry you can ask him out at the end of the night if he doesn't do it first.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    However you choose to go about it, I wouldn't get in a situation like you described your last "relationship"...commitment after a few dates and long distance to boot. I don't know how often you spent time together but if it wasn't very often then it really wasn't a real relationship (especially considering you really didn't know one another to begin with).

Just get out there, get involved with things you enjoy, and start meeting people. And if you're feeling insecure, fake it 'till you make it!

ETA I re-read your OP and saw how often you saw the last guy.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Best thread ever. OP- I totally hear ya on this one.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Why not wear a crazy cat lady T shirt? That's really all I own.. and if the guy likes cats he's almost a winner with me.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Dont know how much advice i could offer up. ive been with the same girl since i was 20, so not a lot of dating experience here.

but i will tell you that be yourself, dont spend the whole evening talking about just yourself, and most important, pick an activity where there is a lot of interaction, i.e., dont go to the movies...

as another poster mentioned above, if it feels right, go in for the kiss - dont make him wonder whether he should or not.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Don't worry about what other people think or what norms are, or any of that. I've never been the kind of woman to sit back and wait for someone to chase me, if I like someone, I tell them. It stops being so scary after a bit, but honestly that adrenaline moment before you say something is kinda cool.

And like someone else said, what's the worst that can happen?

Pick a date where you can really get to know someone, and just...be yourself.
  • SunKissed1989
    Thanks for all the advice everyone! Really cheered me up and given me the push I need to just go for it! Will post again with an update for anyone interested :smile:

Also, nothing wrong with crazy cat lady tops - I've got one...and I love it! It's in one of my profile pics :laugh:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    It's pretty easy, really. Sammiches, sex, sammiches, sex, sex, sammiches, sex.

^^this.

Well...maybe not for a first date.:blushing:
  • SunKissed1989
    I just got my account reactivated and thought I'd post a wee update...I don't like any loose ends.
    About 2 months after posting this thread, I entered into a relationship with one of my best friends - I've known him for 7 years, he'd had feelings for me for about 4 of them. I was initially wary about ruining our friendship by admitting I had developed feelings for him (without knowing how he felt about me), but I don't regret it one bit because I fell in love with him.
    A lot has happened since then, however, long story cut short, we're now engaged and planning a wedding for summer 2017.

No longer in need of dating advice!!
  • katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    I would suggest going and doing an activity yall both enjoy instead of the traditional dinner and talking. Maybe try bowling, putt putt, comedy show, piano bar, jazz club, the zoo etc.
  • katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    I would suggest going and doing an activity yall both enjoy instead of the traditional dinner and talking. Maybe try bowling, putt putt, comedy show, piano bar, jazz club, the zoo etc.

But I am currently single and not dating so I'm not sure how helpful my advice is lol :) good luck to ya sweets
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Keep it real. I mean I can't give that much advice to anyone. I've been single for the past 6 1/2 years. I wouldn't even know how to date anymore it is totally different. There are so many reasons why I've not dated.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Relax, enjoy your life. Happy people attract happy people.

And I just read above that you figured it out. o:)B)<3