how often do you workout?

Options
So much tme do you devote to working out?
And what are your goals (losing wieght or maintaining)?

Replies

• SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My best results were when I worked out 5 days a week for an hour+ but I had to pare it down some to be home for kiddo to make sure homework got done.

3 days cardio really going at it, 2 days walking or a lighter cardio. On heavy cardio days I did upper body strength because my legs were too tired to really run or do elliptical or cycling - walking was better those days. On lighter cardio days I did lower body strength.

Day 1 Upper body; 30-45 minute of elliptical (got longer as I got better conditioning)
    Day 2 Lower body; 30+ minutes walking starting off and ending pretty slowly - went by feel.

Rest days are just as important. I was pretty flexible about when I took them tho I did try to have one during the week and one on the weekend. I kind of let work and weekend plans guide the rest days I took. Sometimes they were both on the weekend. If I had plans all weekend I would be sure I did all 5 weekdays. If I felt run down I'd take a rest/feed day where my calorie count was break even vs. a deficit.

My goals were to loose weight and maintain as much muscle as I could for optimum body fat ratio. Still are.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changes for me.

I don't work out for weight loss - I work out to improve my fitness. I work out for the same amount of time that I can see doing forever.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Currently, five times a week, and my goal is to have fun :) sub goal is body recomposition, but that is getting less important as my strength increases. But basically, I do it because I love working out and want to be healthy.
    2x a week strength, 2x a week bodycombat and 1x a week bodypump. All are about one hour.
    (And then there's the 15 minute bike ride each way to the gym, 5 times a week.)
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Outlier. 6-26 hours a week. Goal is lose a lb a week, but it's hard to maintain my activity level while cutting cals, so I'm having trouble striking a balance.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I work out a minimum of five times a week. I may have an off week where it's four or a super motivated week where it's 7... But I average 5.

I wake up at 530 am and do a 30-45 minute workout before I have to get my daughters to school.

I workout because I actually enjoy it and for maintenance. My ultimate fitness goal is to lose 20 lbs and I've changed my eating to achieve that. The exercise just supports my deficit.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    At the minimum I work out 4 days a week, 30 minutes each. I do that whether I'm in maintenance or not. My maintenance weight is 5-9 lbs above my preferred/goal weight so when I'm actively trying to lose that buffer then I add 1-2 more days with longer times. Most of my exercise comes from running, with at least one day a week dedicated to strength training. When I get within a month of vacation/bikini time, then I focus more on my abs.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    5 to 6 times a week, typically an hour each time. Trying to lose about 20 lbs still.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have a goal of 30 minutes of some kind of activity daily. Currently I'm doing 5 days of serious exercise (strength, HIIT, calisthenics) usually between 40- 60 minutes and 2 days of something really light for recovery, like walking, Leslie Sansone walking dvds, yoga, stretching.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym running for 20 minutes (well more like intervals) and an hour long spin class m-f. On M,W,F I lift, that takes me around 30 minutes to 45 minutes depending on day and how much I rest between sets.

I'm at a healthy weight, but would like to lose maybe another 5-15 lbs. My goal is around a half a pound a week.
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I run four to five days a week (two 5-milers, one three miler, one sprint day, and an 8-10 miler) and lift four days a week. I am currently doing 5/3/1. I have been doing a similar style of programming for about 5 years now, though I have transitioned between SS, Olympic lifting, and powerlifting.

My goals are to keep my body fat around my current numbers 8-10 percent, increase my lifts, and run a sub-31 minute five miler.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I workout four times a week following the PHUL program (Power Hypertrophy Upper Lower). My goal is recomp. Exercise for me is a means of fitness whether losing or maintaining so I eat back everything I burn. Occasionally I go for a 3 mile run to clear my head and help with chronic depression. That ranges from once to three time a week depending on my symptoms.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It varies. 4-7 days a week, 15 - 60 mins each time. Occasionally longer if I'm training for an endurance event.
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. I throw a paper route.
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    6 days a week. For weight loss and for fitness in general. Around an hour each time give or take.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I work out 4 to 5 times a week for an hour each time.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    6 days a week about 30 min. For fitness. Some free weights but regular cardio. Am also working on losing 12 pounds but I work out irregardless of my weight goals.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    4 days a week with running for 30-60 min
    2 nights a week i do at least 60 min of yoga.
    and a little stretch and strength here and there
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I work out to build my endurance and retain what little muscle I have while losing weight. 6 days a week, 3 lifting (upper/lower split) + small cardio/cooldown and 3 just for cardio endurance (stairmaster/treadmill/rowing).
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, usually at least 2 workouts a day. Swim, bike, run + weights. I walk around 10 miles on my rest day.
  • PeterJX
    PeterJX Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    3 days strength, (1 or 2 days a week I'll add in a 12 minute AMRAP metcon), and 2-3 days metcon, (body weight, kettlebell, jump rope). Plus I walk 1.5 miles to a local coffee shop everyday with a 15 lb backpack, (nothing to your average high schooler, ha ha!).