On a mission to a healthier life

Options
I'm so tired of being overweight and today I'm going to do something about it. I just joined and created a profile on Myfitnesspal. I will definitely need motivation.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Might I suggest get used to logging your food for the first few weeks? Simply entering what you eat now can be a real eye-opener.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Welcome. Might I suggest get used to logging your food for the first few weeks? Simply entering what you eat now can be a real eye-opener.

Yes, and after a while you will just eat less so you don't have to log it.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal! Feel free to add me if you'd like some extra accountability.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @nichalsont , my dietitian has suggested that I may need to log for life. Perception and reality tend to drift over time, so the logging is an important touch-point to stay on track.
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So glad you could join us! Anyone needing some friends can add me!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    When I signed up it was because one of my sons pointed at my beer gut and asked "whens it due". This is the right place to be. When I committed to this and decided to make it happen I found success and a much healthier lifestyle. Its worth the journey.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place for information and encouragement. You can add me if you'd like, I'm on here most days. Good luck to ya!