I've reached my goals! From size 14/16 to a size 6!

Options

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    WTG you look amazing!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    amazing job!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Amazing well done!!!
  • saigal
    saigal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    WOW!!
    YOU'VE DONE SUCH A GREAT JOB!! SO PROUD! :d
  • pedalpusher5
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and continued success on you new lifestyle.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good job on reaching your goal.
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why we have so little faith in ourselves! I too aimed to be in a size 10 from a 16-18. But to my surprise I am in a size 6 now!

Congrats on hitting your goal! You look beautiful! I am also glad to hear that your doctor appointment went so well! Keep up your new and improved healthy lifestyle! :happy:
    Wow. I'M a size 14/16! I didn't think I could even shoot for a size 6! I was just thinking..size 10ish. But...a 6 is possible!? I am so, so inspired.. Wonderful job. You look gorgeous.

I was thinking the exact same way! Any other time I lost weight, I aimed for a size 10. A size 6 IS absolutely possible! You can do what ever you set your mind to! And thankyou!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal - congratulations on all of your hard work, it paid off! Enjoy your success!

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words! I do feel amazing! I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever be this small! I think my biggest realization is that no one can do this for me. It was something I had to do and in order to do it I had to work hard and push myself. Proper diet and exercise really does work!! You all can do it too. :smile:

Congrats on your success! You look great! Can I ask you if you are doing any strength training? I had been doing strength training for a while, then started C25K. After two months of just running, I felt like I was losing muscle tone and my weight was totally stuck. Once I mixed it up by throwing in some strength training between runs, my weight is still stuck, but at least I'm feeling like my muscles are coming back. Just wondering how you managed to reach your goal. Thanks!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! i'm a 14 now and i'm aiming for 10 on the bottom , smaller on top ....you look wonderfull....continue success
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind words! I do feel amazing! I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever be this small! I think my biggest realization is that no one can do this for me. It was something I had to do and in order to do it I had to work hard and push myself. Proper diet and exercise really does work!! You all can do it too. :smile:

Congrats on your success! You look great! Can I ask you if you are doing any strength training? I had been doing strength training for a while, then started C25K. After two months of just running, I felt like I was losing muscle tone and my weight was totally stuck. Once I mixed it up by throwing in some strength training between runs, my weight is still stuck, but at least I'm feeling like my muscles are coming back. Just wondering how you managed to reach your goal. Thanks!

Honestly, no. I haven't been doing any strength training at all. I know that I should, but my goal was to run a 5k this month so I wanted to prepare for that. In the past, I did the 30day Shred to get some strength workouts in but when I start that program I get soooooo sore in the beginning, that I was afraid it would interfere with my running schedule so I put it on the back burner. However, my legs are beginning to look very muscular. Particularily my calves. I've been following MFP's recommendations for calories, fat, fibre, sodium. I do not eat my exercise calories but I am more easy going with my eating/drinking on the weekends. In Sept. when i started I was only walking on my lunch break everyday. 45 minutes then when the harsh winter hit, round bout Feb. I started the couch to 5k. When the weather turned nice again, I continued running 5k on M/W/F mornings before work and I walk on my lunch break again. (Although, now it is sweltering hot so my walk is rather slow paced since I do have to come back to work, I don't want to be too sweaty, ewww lol)

I also do not include things like mowing the grass, gardening, cleaning etc as my exercise. I do not log that stuff at all. Now I'm trying to be more active with my children by biking with them, swinging on the swings, throwing a football, etc. And I don't usuallly log that stuff either.

Now that summer is here, and it's almost time for my 2 month lay off I'm so worried about calories cause I love a nice cold beer or frozen drink on a hot day!!! Oh well, I guess it's time to make new goals for myself! Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    WTG!!! I have done the same thing.... I am about 2 pounds from my goal weight, but actually really in maintenance mode...
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! I have done the same thing.... I am about 2 pounds from my goal weight, but actually really in maintenance mode...

Good job!!! I'm so afraid of making that switch over to maintenance.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I have just made it a way of life. I let the scale and the water retention set the pace for my day. If I have a bad day, I make it up the next day. I am still losing, but it is slower now. Kind of weaning myself into real life situations.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    congrats on all your hard work paying off!
  • enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations on reclaiming your health. You've kept me motivated for another day.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
    jane:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!