Is cereal for dessert ok ?

Options
I'm still in my calorie range but I was just wondering if it was ok to eat it for desert I had cereal for breakfast but I don't want to eat ice cream cereal fills me up as I was still hungry after dinner

Replies

• Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    As long as it's in your calorie range and you're not allergic to any of the ingredients, you'll be fine.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal at night all the time after dinner. If it fits you can eat it. My mom used to eat a bowl of rice krispies every night before she went to bed and has never been over weight, she's actually probably under weight. Now she eats waffles or something else. I wish I had her metabolism.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always have it after dinner! Cereal with milk! Multigrain cheerios / Speical K / Nutri grain --> ALL MY FAVOURITES! I have them with fruits as well.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love a big bowl of sultana bran or cheerios with warm milk after dinner. I could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just wish filled me up more...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love a big bowl of sultana bran or cheerios with warm milk after dinner. I could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just wish filled me up more...

^^ this :smiley:
  • meglet2202
    meglet2202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Funny, I always eat cereal for dinner!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I used to love eating cereal as a snack, but then a did a complete 360.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Due to sugar, calories and cost I switched to oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. I only have desert after dinner on special occasions.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I actually did a 1080, but got dizzy before I could finish my cereal.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, cereal for dessert. I prefer rice crispies with butter and marshmallows and then melt it together and form it into hardened, cooled squares.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Yes, cereal for dessert. I prefer rice crispies with butter and marshmallows and then melt it together and form it into hardened, cooled squares.

+ peanut butter & butterscotch chips with a thick layer of melted chocolate chips on top.
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

+ peanut butter & butterscotch chips with a thick layer of melted chocolate chips on top.

another option is to stir coffee granules into the melting marshmallows :smiley: and get your caffeine and sugar rush in one delicious bite
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I've always told my 8 year old that cereal is a dessert, not a meal. That being said, I had a kids' cookbook when I was young that I passed on to her and it has this "recipe" of cereal with milk topped with ice cream and a little bit of jelly. It's so good.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

Just reading that made my head spin trying to calculate how many full revolutions that is! Too many nights of 2-5 hours of sleep.

You can eat cereal any time. I sometimes have it as a bed time snack. If it fits in your calories for the day, why not??
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Mmmmm

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

You can give it to me. I still love eating cereal as a snack!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

You can give it to me. I still love eating cereal as a snack!

Wait...I thought you did a 540...or was it a 360....I'm so confused now

(probably cause I'm still dizzy from all the spinning around)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

applebloom-walking-in-circles-o.gif

;)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    On topic: yes cereal for dessert is okay. There are no "rules" that say you have to eat what when. There are many times I have left over chicken for breakfast or eggs for dinner.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I will eat dry cheerios and peanuts for an evening snack.