Anyone try PB2?

Options
I want to know is it good and tasty, I love Peanut butter but I want to cut the cals...

bellplantation.com/products.html

niwmmdcyjz63.png

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    OMFG it's the best thing since sliced bread.
    I've only been able to find the chocolate one but I add a spoonfull to my oats in the morning and oh! heavenly bliss!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The taste is good - the texture is not.

So I use it in things like oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and as apple dip.

I wouldn't spread it on crackers or toast.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I've had it. Don't love it. But I don't love peanut butter. I like it.

I say try PB2. It tastes like peanut butter without all that fat and oil. It's a good substitute.
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Works pretty will in greek yogurt, oatmeal, shake/smoothies, or just adding more PB to a sandwich. It's not bad with some cinnamon or cocoa powder and a little bit of sweetener or salt.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I mix it with 3/4 of a serving to a cup of Greek yogurt and use it as a dip. If I want that peanut flavor with apples, celery...etc, but want more than 1-2tbsp of peanut butter and still receive that peanut flavor, then that is what I do(: I also add in some vanilla extract and stevia to the mix to add a little more flavor(:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I use a different brand, Just Great Stuff, it's better. But yeah, I eat it every day. I mix it in yogurt, sludges, ice cream, smoothies, zoats. I'd be lost without it. Some people can practice moderation with peanut butter, but for me it could seriously jack up a deficit, maintenance...or a bulk. lol.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wow. All good info. I think I will look into getting this stuff.
    I am working on getting down to a 1500 cal diet and need the protine but got to cut those cals. Thanks everyone. I'll post back after I get to try it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I am working on getting down to a 1500 cal diet and need the protine but got to cut those cals. Thanks everyone. I'll post back after I get to try it.

Why 1500 calories? Also, there's not really a lot of protein in PB2. The other brand I mentioned has a powder with some extra pea protein added. If I want protein and peanut butter flavor I just use peanut butter protein powder.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I just tried it and I love it. I mix it just right and I can't tell the difference between that and regular peanut butter.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great in smoothies , I mix it w plain yogurt, on a sandwich I use more than the serving size-and I will either mix it w dark cocoa powder or I even mix it with apple butter - I'm not a fan of jelly so I eat apple butter and pnut butter .
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    The taste is good - the texture is not.

So I use it in things like oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and as apple dip.

I wouldn't spread it on crackers or toast.

Pretty much this.

It works ok as a mix-in to add PB flavor but is no substitute for the real thing as a spread (even reconstituted)
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Why 1500 calories? Also, there's not really a lot of protein in PB2. The other brand I mentioned has a powder with some extra pea protein added. If I want protein and peanut butter flavor I just use peanut butter protein powder.

I am just working on weight loss.
    I just need to maintain my protine and other healthy nutrients while cutting cals and and fats.
    I will look at the one you mention too. That actually sounds better.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE pb2! a bunch of people were talking about this protein fluff, so I made it last night and added some pb2 -- unbelieveably good!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I use Jif Peanut Powder. It was cheaper, and it is just powdered peanuts compared to PB2 which has added sugar and salt (you can add your own sugar/salt if you want). I use it to add peanut flavor to my shakes and want to try using it for making ice cream and other baked goods.

However, if I want peanut butter I use actual peanut butter (typically only for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich).
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options
    I use Jif Peanut Powder. It was cheaper, and it is just powdered peanuts compared to PB2 which has added sugar and salt (you can add your own sugar/salt if you want). I use it to add peanut flavor to my shakes and want to try using it for making ice cream and other baked goods.

However, if I want peanut butter I use actual peanut butter (typically only for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich).

Where does one get Jif powder from?
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options
    opinion: over-powering taste
    even with just one spoon full
    ex: mix it with 4 oz of plain greek yogurt and you can't taste the yogurt

I so will try this. yogurt so good.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options

Where does one get Jif powder from?

I found it at my local grocery store (Wegmans), it was located next to the peanut butter. I have no clue how availability is because I just recently came across it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I tried PB2 as well as several other similar products. Thought it was ok in things like smoothies, oatmeal, etc. Then I found out that it was just peanut flour with added sugar/sweetener. Now I just buy plain peanut flour with no added sweetener and get the same effect... added protein and delicious peanut butter flavor, none of the fat and calories.

Not that fat and calories are bad... but I can easily fill up my daily calories with any kind of nut butter in one sitting. I'd be ashamed how much peanut butter I can eat with just a spoon, but it's so damn good, why would I ever need to feel shame regarding eating something so good, lol.

*edited to correct spelling errors.