Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So, what do you all think? Eat more? (Healthy stuff of course) or eat less?[/quote]

I say do what your trainer tells you to do...he/she knows what will give you the best results so give it a shot :smile:
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response. He said to add fats and add to total calories (after looking at my meals) so I'm enjoying avocado- it helps in both areas lol
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've missed you all and your support but once again I sabotaged my health and hid my head in the sand because of it. So here I go again... My fridge is stocked with healthy food (although today kinda sucks because I've been busy cleaning out the bad stuff that I didn't stop to eat) but I'm back on board and hoping to lose what I've gained back.

Glad to see many of you have continued your journeys. I'm super stoked for you!

Hope to chat soon,
    Caroline
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • vlnielsen519
    vlnielsen519 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Here's a good post about motivation and getting back on track that might be helpful for some folks:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10268474/habit-relapse-what-to-do-if-you-fall-from-your-diet-or-good-habits#latest
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • shirayne
    Options
    Thanks 17761776! It's good to be back!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started, also trying to lose 100lbs. I'm down 2lbs this week, so 1/50th closer to my goal.

What a great way to look at it! I guess based on that I'm 1/4 of my way there!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Love that positive outlook @OneHundredToLose!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm down 10lbs now, so 1/10th of the way there :smile:
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So good to see some feedback on here! I have missed everyone!!!! Where has everyone been????? I have been working a new job for the past 3 months, marching band with my kids is in full swing, and kinda went thru a slump, never ate over my calories tho!!! I can proudly say that I am 69 lbs down and about 64 inches gone since March 22nd of this year!!! Missed you shirayne!!! Glad to see you back!!! And welcome and hello to anyone new!!! I am not on here as much as I was, but I do check in everyday!!!! Looking to lose that last 40 lbs!!!! I can do this! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
  • dolphinlover64
    dolphinlover64 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm 42 and looking to lose 100+ pounds (made it to 80 pounds 3 years ago and then gained half of it back) but I want to do it the "right" and learn how to "eat to live, not live to eat". I am addicted to food... it's my own personal brand of drug and I am looking for people who want lose weight eating healthy and tasty foods. I would love to share tips and tricks you've found work for you. I love looking at people's daily diaries and seeing wonderful sounding meals that are filling but still satisfy your hunger. I am tired of being obsessed with food and although I realize that right now that obsession is a necessity (I need to plan things out or I end up making excuses for eating the wrong things), I eventually want to know instinctively what's ok to eat and what's not ok to eat. I'm not saying a doughnut once in a while as a treat isn't "ok"... but I don't want to spend my precious calories on crap all the time. If you're looking for a friend who is willing to support you in your successes and even more so in your "ooopses", add me and let's do this!

• shirayne
    Options
    Missed you guys too @ptkat28 and congrats on your progress! Hope your new job is everything you want it to be!
  • JennyandJoe
    JennyandJoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    I've started meal prepping as well. At least where lunches are concerned. My crock-pot has become my best friend. I've found low calorie but higher nutritional value recipes that I'm tweaking to make them work for me. I make them on Sundays and then split them into portions right away before putting them in the fridge. I do the same for breakfasts. By Friday, I must admit I'm tired of eating the same thing five days in a row... but if it works it works! :)

What do you make for your meals when you prep ahead? I've been watching my means for 3 wks now. After the first 2 weeks I lost 15 lbs and haven't weighed myself since. I find I eat the same thing everyday and usually end up 1060-1250 in calories, 1460 is my goal to be under.
  • shirayne
    Options
    Hi @JennyandJoe! I have some go-to recipes for my crock-pot like turkey chili or a Mexican chicken soup. I also love hard-boiled eggs with hummus on a flatbread or pita flats with tzatziki and souvlaki pork or chicken. Today I made turkeyrolls with tomato and a spinach/arugula mix with hummus. They were really good and very few calories. I want to try those with feta and olives and maybe some cucumber or avocado. :) I've been perusing Pinterest lately and getting great ideas!
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have all come to the right place, I have lost 110lbs, good luck on your journey to a healthier you
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You have all come to the right place, I have lost 110lbs, good luck on your journey to a healthier you

Wonderful!!!! Time to dance in the moonlight!!! Any advice?? Gayle Minneapolis
  • shirayne
    Options
    Just made homemade pizzas on cauliflower crust for the first time! Really delicious! I ate 3/4 of one pizza for about 650 calories but I would have been fine with 1/2 a pizza. Sooo filling! :)
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that this feed is up and active again :smile: I missed our chats.

I have to admit that I've kinda been slacking...well....ok, not kinda, i HAVE been slacking since August and although i am trying to make a more conscious effort to start logging my food entries again, i find it difficult lately since im exhausted by the time i get around to doing it.....plus, i think now that the colder weather is rolling in, Im instinctively wanting comfort food...ie/ pastas, potatoes, thick stews...mmmm....BUT! i have managed to control myself...i do remind myself that to date i have lost 57 lbs and it would be ashamed to have my efforts up to now, go bye bye. I need you guys to help motivate me to get the fire once had but now lost back! Im trying...honest i am...but the flame is still quite small and i need your help in igniting it again before it burns out :neutral: Any suggestions or words of encouragement? Please and thanks :smile:
  • lookingtobesmall
    lookingtobesmall Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 100 lbs to lose also mom to 6 one married 5 still at home married for 25 years. Sing the app I don't know how to add people but if anyone wants to add me they can. We can all do this :)