Breasts...more specifically chicken breasts. ..

Options
2»

Replies

• tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Baked. I get a bottle of North Carolina BBQ sauce, throw it in with the chicken, 375 for an hour-ish. I throw in my potatoes at the same time, just quartered lengh-wise with some EVOO and Lowry's...I usually let the taters go a little longer than an hour to get them a bit crispy...but it's an efficient process for me.
  • notwaitin
    notwaitin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I always sautee onions, peppers, and jalapenos in a pan and add to whatever protein I'm eating...so simple and makes blah taste amazing. I ususally have a protein with my sautéed vegies and quinoa or rice or on salad.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Baked. I get a bottle of North Carolina BBQ sauce, throw it in with the chicken, 375 for an hour-ish. I throw in my potatoes at the same time, just quartered lengh-wise with some EVOO and Lowry's...I usually let the taters go a little longer than an hour to get them a bit crispy...but it's an efficient process for me.

This is a staple at our house, but we usually use Stubb's BBQ and have it with rice. Throw in a side of steamed or roasted veggies and that's a nice meal right there!
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My mouth is so watering.
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    4oz flat out thin be careful not to rip it , cream cheese and jalapeno corn tomato mixture spoon some in chicken breast roll it up with 1 strip of bacon around it.. bake in oven
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    4oz flat out thin be careful not to rip it , cream cheese and jalapeno corn tomato mixture spoon some in chicken breast roll it up with 1 strip of bacon around it.. bake in oven

Dude...
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Cube into bit sized pieces and parboil, until almost cooked through. Toss in frozen corn, peas, and canned or fresh mushrooms. Once all is cooked pour in a can of cream if chicken soup and mix. Serve over rice.
  • lmeeks66
    lmeeks66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Toss in a ziplock bag with pesto. Bake at 400 then top with tomato slices and mozzarella then turn on broiler to brown.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I made a version of my mom's schnitzel recipe tonight, and it turned out to be delicious!

In the morning, or a couple of hours before you cook, pound two 7 oz chicken breasts with one of these guys to make them even
    kitchen-mallets-are-great-tools.jpg

Then put the breasts into this marinade:
    - Juice of 1 whole lemon
    - 1/2 an onion, chopped really finely
    - Salt
    - 1/2 tablespoon of oil

When you're ready to cook:
    - Preheat oven to 425, and coat your roasting pan with a bit of oil
    - Get breadcrumbs. (Or if you don't use breadcrumbs often enough to buy them, like me, toast a slice of your favourite bread until it's super toasted but not burned. Put it on a cutting board, cover it with saran wrap, and roll the wooden bit of that mallet over to break it down).
    - Get the breasts out
    - Beat one egg, salt that (You'll only use 2/3 of the egg)
    - Take the breasts out, wipe off the marinade, lightly dredge them through the egg, and press them into the breadcrumbs.

Bake them on the middle rack for 5 minutes, then turn the temp down to 400 and leave them there for another 25. You don't need to turn them over.

For a side, you could boil some baby potatoes. Get the water going while the oven's preheating, and throw 10 of them into the pot at the same time you put the chicken in. Drain them and top with a bit of butter (1/2 tablespoon for 5 potatoes). If you want to get fancy, you could sautee them with a bit of garlic and parsley, but you don't have to.

One 7 oz breast with 5 potatoes is 488 calories (with the bread and oil I used) and easily filling for one person. (And then you have leftovers.) SO good. I usually hate chicken, and am only eating it to bring my cholesterol down, but I'm putting this into my regular rotation.

** I've only marinated them for two hours. I think you could use less lemon juice if they're going to be sitting there all day.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Try America's Test Kitchen Perfect Poached chicken breasts. Very good flavor and moist. Perfect to eat with sides, or in other recipes that need cooked chicken like chicken salads, chicken soup, etc.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Cube into bit sized pieces and parboil, until almost cooked through. Toss in frozen corn, peas, and canned or fresh mushrooms. Once all is cooked pour in a can of cream if chicken soup and mix. Serve over rice.

Better yet, put the mixture in a casserole dish, cover it with pre-cooked stovetop stuffing, and back it for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees F.
  • StephanieJohnny
    StephanieJohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should try stuffing your chicken breast, with delicious fillings. You could even shred your chicken, after cooking it and toss it into bbq sauce. You could make a chicken pot pie, or even saute chicken and veg for wraps.