Keto diet help

Options
Would love to learn how to live the keto diet life but an confused on how to start the diet what and when to eat and exercise if anyone has already stated this life style please help thank you :)

Replies

• Samina1215
    Samina1215 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    start by cutting out carbs and sugar except from those in veggies. For the first 3 days eat lean meat, 2% cheese, green leafy veggies, coconut oil, ANY walden farms dressing, olive oil, balsamic vinegarettes, Kerry gold butter, decaf coffee and tea or crystal light. on the fourth day you should be in KETOSIS. from there you can add in more non starchy veggies and nuts, and make sure to eat every 2-3 hours. you can purchase keto sticks from Walmart for about $6.00. Also look up keto on youtube and you will find a lot of helpful videos
  • nickolstarcher
    nickolstarcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • nickolstarcher
    nickolstarcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you think of anything else that can help please keep me in mind it's very much appreciated
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the main low carb (keto) group in MFP:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Would love to learn how to live the keto diet life but an confused on how to start the diet what and when to eat and exercise if anyone has already stated this life style please help thank you :)

@nickolstarcher there is more info at the links for sure but in my personal case I just evolved into eating keto without knowing about keto. I was at risk of getting cancer and other diseases if I started on Enbrel injections to manage my pain. In desperation to dodge the side effects of Enbrel I stopped eating all forms of grains and most all sources of sugar and started drinking coconut oil.

30 days after going off grains and sugar my pain level dropped from a 7-8 to a 2-3 level. That was a year ago so naturally I stuck with that way of eating.

Welcome to MFP forums and best of success.