What are your goals?

Options
Thought it would be motivating and nice to see what other people's goals are on MFP and in general life..
My goals are - to lose 25-30 pounds
- keep up with my exercise
- increase my water intake
- increase my veggies and fruit intake
- gain confidence and be happy with myself :)
List yours below :)

Replies

• jkids
    jkids Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goals are to lose 20 pounds, strengthen and tone my body. I have issues with my knees already, I really need to strengthen them..
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    -Work up to 10k runs
    -Improve in the BBY program and eventually move on to YAYOG 's routines
    -Maintain my weight and continue to log
    -Save a nice sum of money for my trip to Spain and Italy next June :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Not sure if I ever had a butt for my pants to rest on, but if I did, I'd like to find it...since bring my blood pressure down to normal and losing 65+lb, my only goal is simply to stop having to pull my pants up every 2 minutes.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    my goal is simply to get to a healthy weight and be strong and confident.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    -Lose 10-20 lbs
    -Enjoy working out again
    -Eat a more balanced diet
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    You all have such good goals!! I find giving myself goals really helps motivate me and get me pumped for changing my lifestyle :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Right now? Not gain weight.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lose 10-15 more lbs.
    Maintain after that.
    Strengthen and tone my muscles.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Have a healthy pregnancy and labour
    Maintain as much muscle as I can

• grifflisa
    grifflisa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I belong to a medical weight management program and we need to set goals that are called SMART goals which are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Results-focused and time bound i.e., I want to do my cardio aerobic routine (Walk Away the Pounds - 2 Mile walk) every other day upon getting up in the morning. My others for this period are to drink at least 8-8 oz glasses of water per day and to achieve my 10K steps every day with at least 30 minutes active rate.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Lose another 5 LBs in body weight and 2% BFI. Continue the 5x5 program and successfully drop body fat while gaining muscle. It is entirely possible.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Lose 6 to 8 more pounds
    Lose 3-5%BF
    Bench Bodyweight
    Squat 2XBW
    Run a half marathon @ 9:15 pace
    Deadlift 2XBW
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to start losing consistently again -- I did really well for a long time, then screwed it all up. I'd like to (re-)lose ~70 pounds.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My goal at first was to get into a healthy BMI range. I made that! Then it was to lose 20 lbs. I decided recently to change that to 25 lbs.

I also had a goal to find some fun exercise for at least twice a week. That goal has been met,too.
  • mtbiker1069
    mtbiker1069 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My goal is to look better, be healthy and be in shape so I can ride, hike and run without my fitness holding me back. In other words, I want to be fit enough spend all day riding my bike or hiking in the mountains. Epic rides and Hikes! That's my goal!

I don't care about my weight.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    To travel the world and visit as many countries as possible, while maintaining good health and functional fitness.

Cheers, h.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Be healthy!

Feel good.
    Look good.
    Tone up.
    Run a 5K, if my knees can take running when I'm down to 140. They sure couldn't at 180!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    First goal is to reach 10% BF. After that I plan to get swole.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose another 15-20 lbs. I have been at a stand still for a few months. I need to choose better foods to eat sometimes. To learn to cook some healthier meals. Already doing this some. Continue to exercise and hopefully find something active that I will enjoy doing. Loose my stomach. Feel good about how I look and feel. Eventually maintain and continue exercise for health.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    To travel the world and visit as many countries as possible, while maintaining good health and functional fitness.

Cheers, h.

This ^^ :mrgreen: I've already been to 14 countries, and would love to double that at least.

I'd also like to cycle in all those new-to-me countries.

But meanwhile ... hopefully in the next 6 months or so ...

-- lose 3 more kg
    -- cycle up Mt Wellington
    -- cycle a 200 km randonnee