Low fat percentage

Options
Im at 3.5% fat looking for friends whos diets also consists in maintaining a low body fat. At the moment i need to go up to 6% to gain more muscle in a few months. Im not saying only people who are that low but anywhere around 10% to help motivate each other.

Replies

• bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 7.6% body fat according to my home scale. But I definitely have some droopy belly skin, so I don't think it's accurate. I am trying to drop 10kg to be really thin. Why do you have to increase your body fat percentage though? Can't grow muscles without doing that?
  • tonymase14
    tonymase14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can but it takes a long time and i spoke to a IFBB pro who wonts me to gain 15 pounds of lean muscle in 2 months to compete for next season. At around 6-8% its easier because your body has more fat to work with to support energy and muscle growth
  • bearondiet
    Options
    Ah, I don't really have that kind of knowledge. That was helpful. Still, I want to be like really thin. Not really looking for building too much muscles. Just want to be really thin with just a slight toned muscle contour.
  • bearondiet
    Options
    Try bodybuilding.com. They have a forum packed with muscle-lovers.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    tonymase14 wrote: »
    You can but it takes a long time and i spoke to a IFBB pro who wonts me to gain 15 pounds of lean muscle in 2 months to compete for next season. At around 6-8% its easier because your body has more fat to work with to support energy and muscle growth

I really don't think it is possible to gain 15 pounds of lean muscle in 2 months unless you do massive amounts of steroids and growth hormone! And even most seasoned IFBB Pros don't tend to have those expectations....

Take a look at this calculator (granted this is only a generalized tool) but something seems off about the gains the Pro expects from you.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/muscle-gain-calculator/

EDITED: The calculator is based on natural gains and most Pros are not natural...but that's still way higher than to be expected.

• tonymase14
    Options
    I can still help if your trying to just get really thin thats what im at right now. And to beachhouse i respectfuly disagree im gana accept the challenge the Pro gave me and gana hit it in the most healthy way possible ive read books on nutrtion and talked to others in nutrition i dont wana predict my life through some online calculator
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Dude, give it all you got. I sincerely hope that you reach your goals -- I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, honestly. I hate those people that try to squish other people's goals with their negativity and I believe that all things are possible with enough determination.

You are right that an online calculator has no way of knowing your particular factors. Some people are genetically prone to gain muscle mass faster than others

But I've never heard (or personally) seen such amazingly fast gains.

I hope you reach your goals safely :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Op is the only one that knows his hormonal profile, genetics, how much muscle memory he may have from building in the past and his training age... and of course he ruled out use of steroids...

Everything from the gym to nutrition has to be spot on to make the goal.. Get back with us in a couple of months.. I would like to know or see what happens..

Best of luck and hope you choose wisely the path you plan to take.. :):)
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Thank you love the support
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    15 lbs. of LBM in 60 days? Drug free and at 6% BF. Have fun storming the castle!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

They're probably going to put you on a cycle. IFBB pros are notorious for steroid use. You're 19, don't go down that path yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Z_rpapUMA

If your picture is current you aren't 3.5%.
    body-fat-percentage-men.jpg
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Ok now this person is just pissing me off, inmy picture i am i had an the IFBB pro do a body analysis on me i came out as 3.5%. The pictures you are showing are just before compition where they're hydration is extremely low and as you can see are also flexing. In my picture im still drinking over a gallon of water a day and not flexing. I take it so personally when someone calls me a lier i worked my *kitten* off to be where i am
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Ok now this person is just pissing me off, inmy picture i am i had an the IFBB pro do a body analysis on me i came out as 3.5%. The pictures you are showing are just before compition where they're hydration is extremely low and as you can see are also flexing. In my picture im still drinking over a gallon of water a day and not flexing. I take it so personally when someone calls me a lier i worked my *kitten* off to be where i am
    I guess I shouldn't call you out for spelling or grammar. If only I was an IFBBro then you'd believe me.
  • usmcmp
    edited October 2015
    Options

Let me guess, they used calipers or Bioelectrical Impedance? Both methods have a pretty wide range that they could be off, so your body fat could easily be 5% higher than they stated. No matter how much water you are drinking and even if you aren't flexing you'd still be far more vascular in the picture if you were actually 3.5%. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying that "pro" is blowing smoke up your *kitten* to make money off of you.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    What method was used for the body analysis? Genuinely curious.
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Oh and also the two pics at the top left are guys just below 200 so they have more muscle mass = more definition to show
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Oh and also the two pics at the top left are guys just below 200 so they have more muscle mass = more definition to show

That's irrelevant. You don't have the vascularity. Guys who walk around at 3.5% no matter what their weight are road maps of veins 24/7.
  • tonymase14
    Options
    Honestly i would have to ask but it was like when they look at your heart or look at a baby when your pregnant. I tool similar to that haha where they put gel down and scan the muscle and fat fibers
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Honestly i would have to ask but it was like when they look at your heart or look at a baby when your pregnant. I tool similar to that haha where they put gel down and scan the muscle and fat fibers

Did they do your entire body or just select areas?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

I hate to break it to you, but that testing method (ultrasound) is not very accurate, even if conducted by an IFBB bodybuilder. Get a Dexa scan and come back at us. ;)