Please help me.

Options
2»

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    it's totally normal to have a hard time finding the one really gets-you-motivated-fitness thing. Mine is skateboarding. Long and shortboards, sidewalks and bowls. Weird huh? Before that it was guns, and martial arts. Before that it was dance. I still dance (zumba is great) and do other stuff, but I just focus on being healthy and not overtraining my legs as I am currently wont to do.

Journal the muscle groups you are exercising to prevent overtraining (upper body, lower body, cardio, nervous system relaxation) and rotate the muscle groups!

Just keep experimenting with new stuff and stay fun!

Having fun is really important! Happy training!
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options

My job is very physical. I spend my days on my feet shopping for many hours at a time and lugging large bags of clothes. When I'm not working, though, I do spend a lot of time on the couch. :/

oh! you're fried and overtraining your legs! And you need a reboot and reenergizing activity!

Look, you are running around all day, stressing your legs and back, so you need to Stretch Them Out to equalize the lengthening contractions you perform working.
    AND Mentally you are drained, so you need something that will stimulate your nervous system and get the blood flowing in a healing fashion.

I really recommend some nice back supported exercises, and relaxation involved:

Pilates, Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Bigram Yoga, Water Aerobics, Tai Chi, couples learn to give each other massage classes, chi kung, kayaking, swimming, etc. Do you see the trend? All these types of FITNESS activities are about toning the body with flexibility and range of motion, and getting the heart rate up gently. You need fitness that will relax your nervous system after a hard day of physical labor! You need to breathe, but keep the blood pressure low.

Best wishes!
  • lkirchner82
    lkirchner82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you like horses at all? Riding is a great workout - I log tons of exercise calories each week just from riding. Not to mention the calories burned from the upkeep.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Exercise sucks but it can be made bearable, especially if you incorporate into other things you want to do. For instance, I use a bike for running errands and getting around town. That way, even while I'm focussed on normal day to day things, I am still getting exercise.

Maybe you should look at some kind of group sport. Here in Toronto, there are a few social sports leagues that offer a wide variety of sports to choose from and an environment that isn't terribly competitive. They are more about having fun. If you don't want to commit to something like that, check with your local rec centre. In my old neighbourhood, I would often play pick-up ball hockey and had a blast. They offered a few other games as well.
  • VaBchNurse
    Options
    :