TMI kinda question...

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    OMG! I need one of these for my fiance's mother's bathroom! She has one of those handicap things with handles on top of the toilet so she doesn't have to sit as far down and my feet don't touch the floor all the way, which is really weird.

Squatty potty:
    411zFwvFy1L.jpg

My fiance's mother's toilet seat is like this:
    toilet-seat-for-disabled.jpg
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I just can't take anything seriously with a name like that.

I mean, science too....but mostly the name. :joy:
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Look on their website, the reviews are hilarious
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have been alternately sitting on a chair and squatting on the floor to try to figure out how the colon gets "kinked" in the one position.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Any stool will work, and it doesn't need to be both feet.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @shell1005 OMG!!! Thanks for sharing the commercial it was so funny. :D
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I have been alternately sitting on a chair and squatting on the floor to try to figure out how the colon gets "kinked" in the one position.

:joy:
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

All I know is from what people have told me about it. Considering millions of people use that type of toilet every day there has to be something to it.
  • cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ponkeen wrote: »
    Does anyone out there have and use a squatty potty? If so, what is your impression of it? Does it upgrade your bathroom game?

I've never used it but I have two personal trainer friends and a couple of body builder friends that swear by it. They're all pretty body conscious so I trust their ASSessment.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    cobwebel wrote: »
    Does anyone out there have and use a squatty potty? If so, what is your impression of it? Does it upgrade your bathroom game?

I've never used it but I have two personal trainer friends and a couple of body builder friends that swear by it. They're all pretty body conscious so I trust their ASSessment.

I see what you did there...
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hoverer, out of habit of hovering in public restrooms, I think. I'm not so tall that that gets splashy ;)

Those floor toilets in some countries bug me immensely. Splashing on shoes is no good. And that was just a very simple bathroom visit, if you know what I mean. I'd hate to be sick and have to use them.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I've looked into it, but haven't bought one yet. This video explains what it's for and how to use it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=DP858-ME7Lg She also has a playlist that includes other helpful information about constipation: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHgeHcpwJOlQi5WMddMAQ6WtnI-oYfi5W

A lot of women get rectoceles after childbirth and especially hysterectomy, with chronic constipation often being a significant contributing factor: https://fascrs.org/patients/disease-condition/rectocele-expanded-information So, if you're having problems with constipation, best to address it sooner rather than later, so you can hopefully avoid this complication possibly arising in the future.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I'm just a hoverer, out of habit of hovering in public restrooms, I think. I'm not so tall that that gets splashy ;)

Those floor toilets in some countries bug me immensely. Splashing on shoes is no good. And that was just a very simple bathroom visit, if you know what I mean. I'd hate to be sick and have to use them.

Hovering can cause the bladder not to empty fully and increases chances of UTI's.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have 2 squatty potties (received as gag gifts lol). For me they sometimes make a difference. For hubby it's a huge difference. He complains that he doesn't have time to catch up on the news in the bathroom anymore because he finishes his business at lightening speed.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, everybody! Who knew everyone had such a vested interest in poop? I'm gonna give it a try and report back in a few weeks.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    I saw it on Shark Tank. My only thought was that I wish I could think of something to make out of plastic and rake in the bucks. $$$$
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    OMG! I need one of these for my fiance's mother's bathroom! She has one of those handicap things with handles on top of the toilet so she doesn't have to sit as far down and my feet don't touch the floor all the way, which is really weird.

Squatty potty:
    411zFwvFy1L.jpg

My fiance's mother's toilet seat is like this:
    toilet-seat-for-disabled.jpg
    I had to use one of these for a while. I had to clean up the real toilet lid everytime because of the splashing :s

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The low squat position relaxes the sphincter muscle.