30lb/a month, is it doable?

Options
124»

Replies

• RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I went to my doctor today for a usual checkup and to discuss my weight. he put in a referral request for me to see a nutritionist and we set a small goal weight loss goal for over the next two months. We worked out that my first goal should be 7 pounds maybe 10 if we rounded up. I came home from my appointment and updated my current weight and reset my goal. I feel more optimistic because I'm not looking at how will I lose 40 plus pounds it's hey I only need to lose 7 pounds in 2 months that's less than a pound a week.

I thought I'd share that with you. I don't know about you but I didn't put all my extra weight on in a month. It took many months and years even to slowly gain it. It's not going to come off in weeks.
  • the_log_lady
    the_log_lady Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by *kitten*.” ~ William Gibson

The helpful folks who have preceeded me in this thread are not who I'm talking about!
    http://explorewhatsnext.com/am-i-depressed-or-surrounded-by-holes/ strategies for dealing.
    All the best with doing it for yourself. If others "approve" so what? Chances are they'll remain critical people, so it's best to develop a thick skin and ignore all comments, positive and negative! (Experience talking).
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse

They *kitten* you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were *kitten* up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
    Get out as early as you can,
    And don't have any kids yourself.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You'd make yourself terribly ill trying.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    No, it's not possible. Even if you ate nothing, I don't think you could lose a pound a day. Plus, you'd pass out.
    Well, technically that's not true. If he signed up for an episode of 'Naked and Afraid', he'd lose more than that for sure. The contestants routinely lose 20-40 lbs in 21 days, during which they try to survive by finding and purifying water, building a shelter and hunting for food (usually unsuccessfully).

Also, 'The Island with Bear Grylls' is another example of people losing drastic weight. Nobody died. The only ones who got hospitalized were those who were injured from accidents and such. Those who made it to the end probably lost some muscle after exhausting most of their body fat but for a 300 lb guy, he'd have plenty of fat stores and probably not lose much muscle in the process. So yes, technically, it's possible.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Philip Larkin - This Be The Verse

They *kitten* you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were *kitten* up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another's throats.