2»

Replies

• Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    paulje03 wrote: »
    0kfnd02h4bfu.jpg

Example above. Note that the serving is listed as grams and cups. I entered it into my diary as cups, but measured by weight.

I'm an accountant. I work with numbers. I converted units. If you don't believe me, I don't care--I'm not here to argue whether I weighed my food or not.

I seem to have the issue under control now, anyway but thanks for all the input

Did I say I don't believe you?

I asked why you would log in cups if you weighed it as it seems like a 2 step approach to me

Wowsa

I'm a little jealous of you that you've never had to use a database entry that only had cups listed, and you had to read the label's conversion of cup to g or oz and then pulled out a calculator to enter the right amount of 'cups' on the diary lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »
    0kfnd02h4bfu.jpg

Example above. Note that the serving is listed as grams and cups. I entered it into my diary as cups, but measured by weight.

I'm an accountant. I work with numbers. I converted units. If you don't believe me, I don't care--I'm not here to argue whether I weighed my food or not.

I asked why you would log in cups if you weighed it as it seems like a 2 step approach to me

Wowsa

I'm a little jealous of you that you've never had to use a database entry that only had cups listed, and you had to read the label's conversion of cup to g or oz and then pulled out a calculator to enter the right amount of 'cups' on the diary lol

I'm British - cups make no sense to me - we even bake in grams (or ounces)

I've never chosen a cup entry - there's always one with grams somewhere or I enter my own food if it doesn't exist in the format I want in grams or scan the barcode or build a recipe
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »
    0kfnd02h4bfu.jpg

Wowsa

I'm British - cups make no sense to me - we even bake in grams (or ounces)

I've never chosen a cup entry - there's always one with grams somewhere or I enter my own food if it doesn't exist in the format I want in grams or scan the barcode or build a recipe

That makes sense. As myself and others have stated in the thread, we just do the math and enter the portion of cups based on the decimal. It's rare that I have to do that, but for me it's easier than searching until I find grams. My career is in Mathematics so it's pretty much ingrained in me to just find the ratio and enter it if something isn't in grams, but I do prefer complete entries with gram measurements and when I add entries I use grams. However, you were just trying to help the OP and they got a bit harsh. @rabbitjb is constantly trying to help people here and frequently drops words of wisdom, OP; she wasn't calling you a liar. We all just want to help.
  • paulje03
    paulje03 Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    0kfnd02h4bfu.jpg

Wowsa

I apologize for snapping--I had mentioned in one of my previous posts why I entered things the way I did so I legitimately thought you were questioning the validity of what I was doing. Which I guess you were, but with good reason. Thanks for the explanation.
  • paulje03
    paulje03 Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Anyway, I do apologize, I just felt like I was repeating the same things and I'm defensive of my habits in food logging because I am meticulous about it.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cups are inaccurate. Use a food scale.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I do apologize, I just felt like I was repeating the same things and I'm defensive of my habits in food logging because I am meticulous about it.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

No worries :)

I can be kind of direct because I've been doing this so long and I have a different cultural background to many on here

It boils down to increased activity if you're sure your intake is accurate though - you shouldn't cut below 1200 IMO