Keto diet anyone??

Options
Not sure if there's a topic for this already. If so please ignore this!

I just recently started on the keto diet. I'm on about day 4 and I'm just wondering approx how long it takes to actually get into ketosis?

Thanks!

Replies

• KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    there are a few specific groups here dedicated Keto and Low Carb, Adkin's topics..join those as the main boards are not going to be as helpful since every kind of diet is being discussed.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Talim2004 wrote: »
    Not sure if there's a topic for this already. If so please ignore this!

I just recently started on the keto diet. I'm on about day 4 and I'm just wondering approx how long it takes to actually get into ketosis?

Thanks!

It varies, some people take up to 4 weeks or even longer to get fully adapted to using a different fuel mix. Others see symptoms in the first 3 days.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    As mentioned 3-4 days if you are doing it the right way.
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Uhm... I only added 1 tbsp of coconut oil into my coffee yesterday morning .... and was pretty much already feeling half the ketosis symptoms this morning at around 5am..... <3
  • soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There is a wonderful Keto group here if you search for it. They're super helpful :)
  • kimmothy9432
    kimmothy9432 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happylybre wrote: »
    Uhm... I only added 1 tbsp of coconut oil into my coffee yesterday morning .... and was pretty much already feeling half the ketosis symptoms this morning at around 5am..... <3

Adding things doesn't equal ketosis; only subtracting carbs does that.
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    what symptoms are yall referring too?

ive been looking into this seeing as how I have high blood sugar and need to cut carbs out immediately.

ketosis? OP please explain?
  • Damienriven
    Damienriven Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If I understand your question right then it is 6-8 hours after eating if you're following an IF protocol.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, it can vary widely from person to person depending on things like how active you are, the level of carbs / protein / fat you are consuming, etc. I suggest you re-post your question on the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there's a topic for this already.
    Yes
    If so please ignore this!
    Okay
    just recently started on the keto diet. I'm on about day 4 and I'm just wondering approx how long it takes to actually get into ketosis?

Thanks!
    yw