If you had 3000+ calories to consume, what would you splurge on?

Options
On Sunday I'm running a half marathon and I will have a bunch of extra calories to consume so I'm going to splurge a little. I'm thinking pizza and beer. What would you splurge on?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    3000 calories would be for a cut, but if I could actually splurge it would probably be as much chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with chocolate ice cream as I could manage. With milk.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Just everything cheesy I could get my hands on. Possibly an entire block of cheddar, possibly dipped in Brie.
  • BerttiBott
    BerttiBott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would be miserable for days if I ate 3,000kcal of anything, but I'd make room for a savory bean pasty, some candied nuts, or a slice of my grandma's spice cake.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My immediate thought was "chocolate!!!" but I "splurge" on something chocolaty pretty much every day (just in moderation and within my target). So I would probably splurge it on some kind of oven potato dish, with cheese. Yum!
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    A thick, marbalized rare cut of steak.
    A worthy, warm roll of bread with butter.
    A baked potato with the works.

Enjoy whatever you decide on. Much deserved.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Definitely pizza and ice cream. Maybe some mac and cheese. One of those Hostess cherry pies.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would just slather peanut butter on everything I normally eat. 3000 calories of peanut butter!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I eat pizza regularly so that wouldn't be a splurge for me. A splurge would be a huge Mexican meal with lots of cheese and dessert for dinner. Plus a nice brunch. That would do it for my day.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Mexican fiesta with lots of chips and guac/salsa, margaritas and probably fajitas with lots of cheese.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer sounds good for a splurge. I eat both fairly regularly but not 3000 calories worth. Baby back ribs might beat that out though. I eat those much more rarely than pizza.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    3000 calories would be for a cut, but if I could actually splurge it would probably be as much chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with chocolate ice cream as I could manage. With milk.

This is exactly what I would have!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm craving. Right now it would probably be a piece of pumpkin pecan cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. Other days it would be pizza.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shake with cheese fries on the side...pizza and beer sounds like a solid idea, too.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A platter of Mexican food or some good-tasting terrible-for-you Chinese take out
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    3k is basically maintenance for me, but it would probably be pizza, garlic breadsticks, and a donut.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    tinger12 wrote: »
    I would just slather peanut butter on everything I normally eat. 3000 calories of peanut butter!

I like the way you think.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    24 ounce ribeye, Baked potatoe with everything, lobster 8 ounce with lots of butter
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Probably sushi!!!