I need a fitness buddy....

Options

Replies

• SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    Are you still taking on buddies? I am in desperate need of motivation, or at least a daily reminder that other people are suffering through workouts just like me, lol!! Seriously though, I was just about to post a request for buddies and then I saw this one!
    I'm supposed to go do a killer strength training/spinning class after work tonight and I don't want to go:sad:
  • dewassel
    Options
    No gym today because of the ice and I had a hair appointment:tongue: Tomorrow though I am meeting with my trainer to get my workout plan. I did get a compliment at work today - one of my coworkers who goes to the same gym said that she can see the difference since I started working out. No weight loss but I guess it's working...
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Today was the hardest day to go to the gym! My body is sore and tired and I really have to (sigh) work! Just did 30 on the tread of run/walk....felt better afterwards, but kinda already dreading tomorrow.

Ugh- that's why you can't quit exercising-it's tough to get back to where u were (I always forget that part).

1st week is the most difficult I'm sure - just getting used to the routine...

:ohwell:
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    ....so i got off my lazy butt and got my workout in today!!!!:drinker: 30 day shred!!! it took a little while for me to get motivated but i did it!!!! :smile: come on everybody, get up and excercise!!!!!

Great job! thanks for the inspiration!
  • momofthreegirls
    Options
    Hi,

I have three girls what are yours.I am looking for a fitness buddy to to weigh in
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone here!!

Nicolet - I'm glad that you're feeling better! Keep up the good work!

I got my work out in! 40 min on the Tread Mill & I just started week 3 of my 100 push up challenge! It's getting more & more challenging as the weeks go by! But I'm also getting stronger & stronger... hmmm I'm kinda liking it!

I have my step class to look forward to in the morning! I'll report back once I complete it!! :wink:

Okay - now I gotta get back to the BL, commercials are over! :glasses:
  • jennhott33
    Options
    count me in!!!!
    I did my workout and managed to stay 98 cal below my limit! Whoo hoo!! This extra weight will come off!
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    EVERYONE IS ALWAYS WELCOME!!!!:drinker:

sanifrey- thanks!!!! i am sooooo glad to be feeling better!!!!
  • ConnieR
    ConnieR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So, this is the fitness buddy group...count me in!!! I'm doing wii fit right now. So far I've done the chair pose in yoga, 45 squats and 20 arm lifts on each arm with a 10 pound weight. I'm about to do some aerobic training too. :smile:
  • ConnieR
    ConnieR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im hoping to get a membership to the y after tax returns, our ymca is sooo expensive for some reason! crazy!
    Today im going to try and concentrate more on eating healthy and also getting my workout in. it is 6:30 am, and im just not up to exercising yet LOL

Love, JL

Hi JL,

I'm trying to find more motivation to work out, I was actually curious if you were able to get your workout in today. I ate a whole thing of nachos from Rubio's and it's like a thousand calorie meal and I'm really trying to find motivation to burn it off. Thanks for starting this post.

Connie
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Still doing our fitness challenge :happy: :happy:
    Got to the Y again today and did 40 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes on the weight machines.
    I would like to learn how to do more exercises. I am just now feeling a little more comfortable a the Y and may ask for help.
    It may sound silly but all those people who look like they know what they are doing intimidate me.:frown:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hello Buddies!! I just got back from an amazing step class! I feel like I could take on the world! But, I really need a shower first!! :laugh:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    ....so i got off my lazy butt and got my workout in today!!!!:drinker: 30 day shred!!! it took a little while for me to get motivated but i did it!!!! :smile: come on everybody, get up and excercise!!!!!

Great job! thanks for the inspiration!

im glad i inspired someone!!!:wink:
  • schatz
    schatz Posts: 5
    Options
    I would love to be your fitness buddy! I think this is a fantastic idea and help I could really use. I think your approach is great, a little change can make a big difference. You can and will do this! Hope to hear from you soon:)
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I would love to join the group.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Nope, not too late!! Join right in & post your work outs & accomplishments!

We're happy to have you! :flowerforyou:
  • momtothreebabies
    momtothreebabies Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!!!! Look at all these new friends!!!!!!
    Welcome!!!!!!!
    I have two girls and a boy by the way, lol.
    Ok, did my workout yesterday, did more walking/dancing and 100 situps, although couldnt hardly get up afterwards, and for those of you who are wondering how i worked out a bit during holidays- im like 100 lbs overweight, i have to do something!!!!!!
    Today im dying of a headache, i think stress, i have sooo much of it in my life, but i wont bore you with details, unless you ask, wink wink. lol.
    anyway, im trying to think of a way to work out with such a huge headache, but does walking all around walmart with three little ones and having my car break down count as a work out???????????
    Love Jaelle
    momtothreebabies.blogspot.com
  • nicolet04
    Options
    im sooooo glad so everyone is joining in!!!!:drinker: well i just got my workout in for today..30 day shred!!! good luck to everyone and keep up those workouts!!!:wink:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Hi,

I want in too. I'm getting married on March 16th and want to lose some weight.
    I did 3 miles today on the treadmill using rubber toning bands. I also did 100 crunches. I haven't worked out in a while and my abs are paying the price-they hurt.
  • SammyD
    SammyD Posts: 50
    Options
    This is such a great idea!
    I'm trying Windsor pilates, my friend just sent me a bunch of DVDs. Has anyone does this, it's kicking my butt! I did an hour of that today and 20 minutes on the stair stepper. I'm trying to get the nerve to go back to my cycling class, but everyone there knows what they are doing...I think I'm going to go again tomorrow.
    Here's hoping :)