What myfitnesspal says you will weight in 5 weeks

Options
Has it been accurate for anyone? Did you weight what it says you will weight in 5 weeks?

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    rongata wrote: »
    Has it been accurate for anyone? Did you weight what it says you will weight in 5 weeks?

I don't know, as I've never paid attention to it. All it does is calculate based on that days total calorie deficit and everything else you have plugged in for statistics. If your standard statistics and logging have proven to be accurate in the past, and you ate at that deficit every day for 5 more weeks, it should work.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I glance at it out of curiosity, but I don't take it as gospel. That number only reflects if you ate/exercised every single day the same way you did that one and is still just an estimate at that. My overall trend is down so I'm plenty happy with that.
  • Shaz3k
    Shaz3k Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ha, a little while ago I was wondering this exact same thing. So that night I plugged in to the calendar on my iPad the weight it said I would be in 5 weeks. Well that date is fast approaching - 2nd Nov. The weight it suggested was 59.1kg. I'm currently at 59.6kg so looking good.
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    With my method of losing weight, it's not accurate at all lol.

It's still interesting however.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I can't eat the same exact way every day for 5 weeks, so I have no way of knowing if it's accurate. But, it should be.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Unless you eat approximately the same amount of calories everyday and do the same with exercise it won't be exactly that number.. However it shouldn't be more than 5 pounds off unless you've been consistently going over your calories by more than 500
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Actually, just your deficit would need to be the same...
    But it is motivating, no? I like it. And on days I've gone over it shares a high number that gets me right back on track! Hahaha
  • matrixtemp
    matrixtemp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why 5 weeks? Why not tell me how long at my current rates will it be until I hit my weight goal. If I see the number of days continue to decrease, I'd be happy. That's my focus after all.
  • WingardiumLeviosa91
    WingardiumLeviosa91 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    matrixtemp wrote: »
    Why 5 weeks? Why not tell me how long at my current rates will it be until I hit my weight goal. If I see the number of days continue to decrease, I'd be happy. That's my focus after all.

I agree with this idea. And it shows very little amount of weight loss to me, which demotivates me a lot.
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    No !!! Lol
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It's a crock. lol
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to change the "5" weeks to what ever time frame I want, like my birthday for example. Or whenever my next short term goal is.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    almost spot on but I don't deviate from the exercise or eating plan.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I hope it is wrong. I would like to be a bit lower
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to change the "5" weeks to what ever time frame I want, like my birthday for example. Or whenever my next short term goal is.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Waste of electrons
  • sinbad714
    sinbad714 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hmmm guess it does not recognize a plateau .
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm not tracking my exercise, but I think it would be wrong anyway...
    If I eat MY goal calories it suggests I'd put on 1.5kg in five weeks; but from the way I'm going I'd actually expect to lose that amount, if not more.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    almost spot on but I don't deviate from the exercise or eating plan.

same here