What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi :) tried on a sexy bra I'd bought on a whim but don't wear because of how much back fat was poking out. Last time I tried it on was 2-3 weeks ago. Today I tried it on, turned around....my back was flat!

Also, jeans that were so tight at the waist they almost cut my skin...sitting comfortably in them right now in my car! :smiley:
  • kathygk56
    kathygk56 Posts: 28 Member
    The other day I noticed that the bathtub had somehow become much more spacious and I needed to add more water to fill it up.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    My husband, who was 107 lbs, today weighed in at 122. He said I was his inspiration. I wanted to cry for how sweet that was. He's been underweight his whole life, and I know it's hard for him to do... I'm so proud and happy for him. I'm glad that I inspired him by my persistence with myself.

This is wonderful. Being overweight all your life (me) causes us to envy people who are naturally thin, but being healthy is a challenge for everyone, and it it is difficult no matter where you are in your journey. Thank you for the reminder!

:)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I fit one of my favorite shirts today. A year ago, it was tight wouldn't cover my stomach. Now, it fits great, like it's supposed to!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    edited October 2015
    I went to the doctor's office to get my BP checked. It was 213 over something back in March with no medication. I'm now on medication and back in May it was 139/86. I went in today and it was 124/73 with a pulse rate of 56. I'm so happy and maybe they will get me off the medication (Amlodipine 10 mg daily) soon.
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    Having to take "breaks" during my runs less and less
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm constantly amazed now by my cardiovascular fitness. I mean, it is kicking butt and taking names. For the vast majority of my life, I was obese and couldn't run more than 2 minutes at a time and then wishing I was dead after that! Now I run 5-6km during my lunch break and it is just like nothing to me.

At one time, I could barely hike up a trail with a gain of 1000ft/3 miles. Just recently, I did 4000ft over 4.5 miles. It was still tiring, but the fact that I got to the top of the mountain at all would have been unthinkable 2-3 years ago. I was just too fat and too out of shape.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Two in one day! I had to go for my medical for my new job today (well actuallly its now yesterday as it has gone 12 midnight) and the nurse looked at my drivers licence photo and said that doesn't look like you at all, I said I have my passport too and showed her and she said, wow, you must have lost a lot of weight lady its like you're a different person. I proudly admitted I had!

The other one happened tonight, I had gone out with a friend for drinks and while I was waiting for him to turn up a group of guys were totally checking me out, that hasn't happened in such a long time, loved it, it was such a boost to my self esteem.
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    I cycled around the neighborhood for an hour. Haven't had done that since college.
  • solokat
    solokat Posts: 5 Member
    I just totally zipped up a winter coat that's been sitting in storage for the last ten years, and is at least 3-4 sizes down from lasted winter's coat! Thanks, my fitness pal community! I couldn't have done it without you!

Congratulations to you all on your NSV so far, and here's to many more :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    bench 100lb dumbbells 5 sets of 5. Rep PR!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I had an emotional day yesterday, dealing with the loss of one friendship in a group of friends my husband and I go out with. I believe she feels threatened by my success. I haven't figured out how to deal with her, but despite being worn out and depressed, I went to the pool and swam laps for 2 hours straight. I felt so much better than if I had stuffed my feelings with food and wine.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    I had an emotional day yesterday, dealing with the loss of one friendship in a group of friends my husband and I go out with. I believe she feels threatened by my success. I haven't figured out how to deal with her, but despite being worn out and depressed, I went to the pool and swam laps for 2 hours straight. I felt so much better than if I had stuffed my feelings with food and wine.

Go, you! Changing our reflex habits is so powerful. And - for me at least - exercise is so much more *effective* as a stress reliever, too.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Got in my 10k steps eveyday of the week :-)
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    Weird one, but anyway:
    I have been absolutely sure that a UK 12 represented a Swedish size 40 - nope. Apparently, it's a size 38. This means that I bought trousers a size smaller than what I already though was small. It's the little things!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    #1 - Fit back into some pants that were tight when I bought them and had gotten too tight to do up. They're comfy now.

#2 - Had a physical this week and my bp was 116/70. I think that's the lowest it's been in years.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    I had my best workout I've ever had, burning over 1200 calories. I ran 4 miles, lifted weights and did 35 minutes on an elliptical.
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    I have two "nice" pairs of work pants... That need to be held up with a binder clip in the back! I have several pairs that fit well, so shopping is not yet absolutely crucial. I'm holding off for as long as I can!

My shoes feel loose. Being a (former?) 11 wide, this is wonderful news!

I had to meet a client yesterday who hasn't seen me in ~7 months. He didn't say anything, but I caught the somewhat confused look when I approached. I'm down 40 since last time, so I'm sure it's startling for him!

Weirdly, people say my skin looks better. I wish I could agree, but it looks the same... (I compared photos!) And I'm not really eating "better", just less, so maybe they're just too nice to tell me my face is looking less fat! Lol... Even 40 lbs ago I was quick to smile and happy, so it's not that either. Strange!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I was injured in a car/bike crash a month ago and have been unable to do much activity. I've been in pain, and afraid I'd lose a lot of my fitness level by the time I healed. I've not been doing even my physical therapy exercises between sessions because it's so difficult and I'm in pain.

But Wednesday I talked it over with a friend and made a commitment to do at least two days a week between pt sessions and today I did the first one. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!