Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi to all and glad to see you back here modacielo73! I totally get the whole comfort food thing! Let's see if we can't find lighter versions of them and make this winter work in our favor! I have a great turkey chili recipe for the crock pot and I'm going to be trying a spaghetti squash pasta recipe this week. I've never tried it but I keep hearing it's awesome. If it works, I think it's going to become my go-to pasta recipe. :)
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I made a spaghetti squash about a month ago and used it in place of pasta noodles. OH SO GOOD and so much better calorie wise!
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not seen spaghetti squash ( in the uk we see butternut squash the most in shops )
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash is sooo tasty. We made a squash soup this weekend and it turned out really good.
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shirayne...I've been trying to keep myself on track but it has been a huge challenge these past few weeks. I am however, grateful that i haven't given up...that i do keep picking myself up and giving it another go. (I suppose this is my NSV as of right now :wink: )

Anybody care to share some healthy low cal recipes? :smile:
  • bloodewine
    bloodewine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anybody still out there?
  • modacielo73
    Options
    bloodewine wrote: »
    Anybody still out there?

I'm here....kinda...lol...I haven't really been following MFP since this month has been a bit on the stressful side, but i do pop in here and there to keep myself accountable and to stay in touch with whats going on. Im hoping that 2016 will allow me to move forward and continue on my weight loss journey.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm into finding new things to do with veggies to shake up the monotony. Here is a great website (I put her book on my Christmas list!)

http://annajones.co.uk
  • feroshus
    feroshus Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am still here kind of as well… Definitely ready to be more active (logging) again! Please add me if you are reading this :) We can do this!
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey all been gone awhile & getting back on track! Miss everyone & hope the new year is good for you also!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I fell off the wagon and woke up in a food nightmare! But I'm back and hope this lesson will bring home my need to behave and be consistent! Hi everyone! Happy 2016!!!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Ok, so I've made it thru a week of logging, but still haven't got the nerve to get on a scale. I quit smoking Dec. 1st and gave myself full license to eat whatever in order to succeed, well I succeeded alright, I succeeded in quitting smoking and growing clean out of my pants! Oh well, moving on! I went back and caught up with everyone who is still active... I hope this new year brings the group back to the constant activity it use to have! The list has gotten quiet! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks! I'll be back to check in by Monday ;)
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Now, that the holidays are over I'm working even harder on getting rid of the weight. So far 39 lbs gone, woohoo! (And I have approx 4 pairs of pants that fit and 7 shirts!)
  • Jinx_Mo
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    Now, that the holidays are over I'm working even harder on getting rid of the weight.

This should be my motto! Congrats on the success so far!
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've lost 88 pounds so far and am slowing down when I don't want to. I am currently wearing a cam walker boot because I have a bone spur in my right heel so I can't even walk anywhere

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Struggling to get back on track myself. I got some new ski pants just before Thanksgiving, and I couldn't get them on yesterday!
  • modacielo73
    Options
    Morning everyone... Today happens to be my first official day back on track since I fell off a few months ago. Even though I tried my best to stick with it here and there my mind wasn't in it. So today, I've decided to put my best foot forward and do what I can to lose not only the weight I gained back but the weight that keeps me from feeling good about myself. Fingers crossed... There's nothing more that I want for myself this year then to be the person that I feel I am inside reflecting on my outside.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    There's nothing more that I want for myself this year then to be the person that I feel I am inside reflecting on my outside.

My sentiments exactly! Congrats on getting back on track!
  • modacielo73
    Options
    ❤❤❤We got this!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    B) Yep, its a new year just waiting for new successes!