If you had 3000+ calories to consume, what would you splurge on?

Options

Replies

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would go all out on just one thing. I have got use to eating smaller portions of food now. So I would probably have lots and lots of different things.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I would eat as usual during the day and keep 2,000 calories to the side for dinner.

Then I would have steak frites, peppercorn sauce, a couple of nice glasses of red followed by a hot chocolate soufflé with chocolate cream sauce.

So, a normal Saturday for me then ;)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I knew I was going to really go off my calories so for one day I splurged on vacation and ate a 3lb steak and two pitchers of beer and some chocolate cake... well over 3000 cals. That day was an 8000 calorie day and it took me over a month to get it off but it was worth it. It almost wasn't though...lol I kicked myself a couple of times but just moved on...
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Italian food. With lots of crusty bread and pesto and cheese and wine.

And chocolate cake.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I'd probably starve to death eating that little haha. Probably fruit and whole fat milk all day.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If I had 3000 calories to spend on one meal, it would be a sushi orgy - as much salmon, hamachi, uni, unagi, ono, ikura and toro as I could stuff down. With sake to drink and mochi ice cream for dessert.
  • jurple132
    jurple132 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chocolate self-saucing pudding with vanilla ice-cream... Yuuuum!
  • josephisactive
    josephisactive Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Inn n out burger and krispee Kreme!!
  • RobertWilkens
    RobertWilkens Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I'm running a half marathon and I will have a bunch of extra calories to consume so I'm going to splurge a little. I'm thinking pizza and beer. What would you splurge on?

I had 3,008 yesterday to burn (if i believe my fitness band)... I ate 2,966 of those calories... 1,000+ of them came from 2+1/2 slices of meatball pizza!
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oh, pizza and beer sounds wonderful! Or lasagna and wine. Yum! Enjoy!
  • wildflowergypsy38
    wildflowergypsy38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Pemont peppers minus anchovies
    Squash stuffed with onion garlic and Gouda cheese with buttery cauliflower and black pepper, a side order of skinny fries, a bottle of Chardonnay and for dessert a large slice of chocolate and blueberry roulade with a huge serving of cream and Remy Marten to finish.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake and a few glasses of a nice cab sav

umm- that's pretty good- I'll include that in mine. Also bread pudding, hot biscuits with butter, spicy cocktails, chocolate croissants and pumpkin pie :smiley:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Really good cheese. Maybe some (low carb) cheese cake. Nuts and coconut. Seafood like shrimp and lobster. Oh, a huge coffee with a bunch of heavy whipping cream.

There are many sugary foods I would like to eat, but with some health issues, I can't and won't go there.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    A big ol' plate of deep-fried sweet and sour shrimp on a bed of white rice with lots of soy sauce!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Copious amounts of cake. Steak nachos with everything. Cake.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer would probably be near the top of my list, or really good Mexican food and beer. Probably a brownie sundae.

This is exactly what I would want to eat.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Chinese food, cheesecake and a chocolate lava fudge cake. And some twisted tea if there's room.

That's probably more like 5000 calories right there.

Probably not. Double servings of Cheesecake, Chocolate Lavacake, and 3x Twisted Tea is only around 1,800 - 1.900.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Wine and pecan pie
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    How and why did no one say Chinese food? Oh my goodness... if I had a 3,000 calorie budget and a bowl of lo mein, general tso chicken, shrimp toast, and all those goodies I would be in heaven!!! And if dessert was included then absolutely some Berger Cookies (but those are only for those who live in Maryland, sorry!!!)