Strength training

Options
Any one has good app for strength and core building excercise I can work out at home. Also new to this community so looking for friends who are on same track.

Replies

• stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Meghnel wrote: »
    Any one has good app for strength and core building excercise I can work out at home. Also new to this community so looking for friends who are on same track.
    Nope, but I love my 21 day fix DVD's. I can work out at home and they are only 30 minutes. Huge core work for me.

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I do kettlebells a few times a week...it's good fun. Just following online videos.
    I'd love to get into weight lifting but feel the gym costs too much.
  • Meghnel
    Meghnel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good tips thanks
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    App...Fitnesscalifornitraining

Instagram has workouts too depending who you find to follow.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/902569/barbell-routines-when-you-only-have-dumbbells/p1
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I bought my own weight bar from Amazon and use workouts from pintrest. Cheap. Easy. Fun.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I like kettlebell work too for strength and core work. Pilates are great too. On Instragram, I follow kettlebellkickboxing for quick videos on new kettlebell moves. Check Pinterest for different exercises that you can do at home.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Meghnel wrote: »
    If you're looking to save money and not utilize space with equipment, look into SUSPENSION TRAINING. It takes a lot of core strength just to perform them.
    TRX has a lot of videos online, however there are knock off trainers cost less to purchase. I got mine from WOSS (no affiliation) for $30.00 (bought 3 for outdoor bootcamp classes) and they work just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcFmhpk7D3o

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Meghnel
    Meghnel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great ideas guys thanks
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sworkit pro/lite has a pretty good selection of strength/cardio/yoga etc. You can change time, routines etc and there's a video playing for evey exercise to show you what you need to do. Different levels, gives calorie burn based on your height/weight/gender and links with MFP. love this app.