What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing- I'll let you decide. This afternoon I took the kids to Burger King, but didn't get myself anything because it wasn't time for my lunch, yet, and if I ate that early I'd be starving later (I'm a second-shifter). My seven-year-old told me that I needed to start eating again, because "I didn't need to lose any more weight and was healthy enough already." Good or bad? I'm about 7 lbs from my goal weight after losing 68 lbs.

Great that you made a conscious decision that Burger King wasn't the best option at the time. You're the adult. It's for you to decide for yourself when you should eat and what you should eat and the reasons for those decisions. The child should not be involved in any of it.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my jeans are all too big now that it need belt and it still need me to adjust it time to time to make sure it wont fall down.. i no longer have back fat and i can finally see my collar bone.. lol.. and yep, i have that one skirt that cant even get above my thigh for me to wear, and now it can and it actually a tad too big now..

the downside is that, i have to spend money to renew the wardrobe time to time but the best side is that its so so much easier now to buy cute clothes you like, when you can fit the usually 'free size' one that you normally stay away from and get frustrated of.. ;)
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Well I've been a "cardio queen" the last 3.5 months (I LOVE classes - step, dance, kickboxing etc) taking at least 5 classes a week.. But RUNNING has always been a goal in my bucket list (I don't know just always ADMIRED runners)... I played sports in high school MANY moons ago so obviously I ran a bit then.. But I've never been "a runner"... Well all of these cardio classes have certainly increased my endurance/stamina allowing me to Mostly run TWO 5ks this weekend!! Relay for Life and another local race...also hopped on the treadmill a couple times this past week and felt compelled to jog/run... Hopefully this is just the beginning of a life long outlet. SO excited!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I had something of a decent NSV tonight. Being married to an Italian American does not always make it easy to lose weight or to maintain weight loss. Especially at family gatherings where there are regularly plates of delicious Italian cookies and usually at least 3 or 4 cakes. Tonight there were 4. I managed to eat very well and ended up having only 2 cookies and a sliver of one of the cakes. I usually manage to eat well until dessert and that selection of cookies and cakes usually trip me up. Tonight I proved to myself I CAN resist temptation and have just a taste of the good stuff. Also both of us getting lots of compliments on our weight loss is a great ego boost. All in all, a good night!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing- I'll let you decide. This afternoon I took the kids to Burger King, but didn't get myself anything because it wasn't time for my lunch, yet, and if I ate that early I'd be starving later (I'm a second-shifter). My seven-year-old told me that I needed to start eating again, because "I didn't need to lose any more weight and was healthy enough already." Good or bad? I'm about 7 lbs from my goal weight after losing 68 lbs.

Great that you made a conscious decision that Burger King wasn't the best option at the time. You're the adult. It's for you to decide for yourself when you should eat and what you should eat and the reasons for those decisions. The child should not be involved in any of it.

It's not her opinion that I worry about, it's whether I'm being a good example for them. I was happy that she used the term "healthy" instead of "dieting," as I've been telling them from the beginning that I'm not dieting, I'm trying to be healthier, and for me part of being healthier includes losing some weight. I've always told them not to worry about being stick figures, but at the same time there does come a point when extra weight becomes unhealthy. But her saying I needed to "start eating again" did worry me- are the kids under the impression that I'm starving myself? What does all of this (MFP, eating healthier, exercising) look like on their end? Mostly, their comments have been positive; this was the first time any of them have said anything that made me pause.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

It's not her opinion that I worry about, it's whether I'm being a good example for them. I was happy that she used the term "healthy" instead of "dieting," as I've been telling them from the beginning that I'm not dieting, I'm trying to be healthier, and for me part of being healthier includes losing some weight. I've always told them not to worry about being stick figures, but at the same time there does come a point when extra weight becomes unhealthy. But her saying I needed to "start eating again" did worry me- are the kids under the impression that I'm starving myself? What does all of this (MFP, eating healthier, exercising) look like on their end? Mostly, their comments have been positive; this was the first time any of them have said anything that made me pause.

Maybe it's worth having a conversation about it. You do want them growing up with a healthy relationship with food. It may just come down to concern if they don't see you eating because you eat at different times. At least you can find out and quell any fears
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had two today, I've dropped a ring size and I fit into a size 8 pant with no muffin top. Now the store I bought them from is generous in their sizing so as much as I'm excited it's not a real 8, but considering I was buying 16's from there in January it was pretty sweet! They actually looked fantastic but I didn't buy them because they weren't on the clearance rack and I still have at least 16lbs to go.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    momar23 wrote: »

Maybe it's worth having a conversation about it. You do want them growing up with a healthy relationship with food. It may just come down to concern if they don't see you eating because you eat at different times. At least you can find out and quell any fears

That's a really good idea. Now that I think about it, they really don't see me eat very much. Because I work late, I save most of my calories for the evenings when I'm at work. I'm just not very hungry earlier in the day and I get really hungry later if I eat too early. She asked me once if I would make an account on MFP for her. (Not because she needs it, she is naturally very thin). Maybe I'll show her how it works so she understands what I'm doing. She also downloaded C25K after I started the program. She's gone with me a couple of times but lost interest pretty quickly.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    momar23 wrote: »

THIS^^^
    Having a conversation with your daughter is definitely the first place to start. Open dialogue, questions answered, suggestions honored...what a wonderful example you're setting about how to 1) recognize an issue 2) address the issue 3) plan a course of action to remedy the issue 4) set attainable goals to help progress towards the remediation of the issue 5) reaching those goals and ultimately the end goal, and 6) maintaining the goal.

You're setting the kind of example we NEED your daughter and all of ours girls to see!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've finally lost from my waist! I've noticed the weight coming off my face, belly, hips, legs, arms, chest, but FINALLY I've lost half an inch from my waist. So pleased!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was outside for my lunchtime walk and it dawned on me that my thighs no longer rub or even touch when I walk. I don't know when that happened, but I only just noticed!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is scale-related, but the NSV isn't. This is the longest I've gone since starting logging 196 days ago without losing weight - 23 days without a budge. I had one day, October 3rd, where I doubled my calorie allotment in one day, and another a couple weeks later where I went 700 over. Therefore, I understand why, but it doesn't change the fact that I am incredibly frustrated, and mad at myself for wasting most of October's weight loss because of those two days.

The NSV is that, despite this intense frustration, I have never wavered from my determination, discipline and commitment, and I continue to weigh and log every single thing I eat and drink, keeping under my calorie goal each day, despite very strong feelings of wanting to throw in the towel. This process seems to have really dug up strength and willpower I honestly didn't know I had. I WANT THIS, and I am doing it, and going to continue to do it, no matter what. Sometimes I don't know who this new person is, truly - me, disciplined? I have really changed who I am in the last six months, so thanks MFP, and the lovely people who post here. :)
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My NSV is a little naughty....My boyfriend is a marine and is stationed across country. I was feeling a little frisky last night, so I snapped a couple of photos nude to send to him. Usually when I do that I have to pose a certain way to hide the parts of me that I don't like. But last night, I realized I like every part of my body now! Makes taking nudies a lot more fun. RAWR!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    ^^^Kudos for all of the above!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is that I am working on a project that I consider to be important and urgent and although I have allowed myself to eat at maintenance to ensure I have enough energy to give it my best, I have NOT allowed myself to binge on sugary carbs (my historical response). I vow to no longer throw my health to the wayside whenever I'm pushing to get something accomplished.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've now officially a size smaller I have bought a few new items of clothing today as the wardrobe was getting pretty bare and they are all uk size 12 tops and size 14 bottoms (I am the perfect pear and owning it!) thats 4 sizes smaller than at my biggest.

Also my dentist noticed today that I had lost a lot of weight and asked how I did it and after telling her calorie counting and exercise, launched into a conversation about exercise (she is naturally thin so really doesn't need to lose anything) and how much better it makes you feel to be more active it was really surreal.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    New driver's license including picture. I'd had a cashier point out to me a while ago that I needed to get mine updated as it didn't look like me anymore. Took an override to get a new picture along with the replacement card but I now have everything updated so new picture and weight. It wasn't that bad of a picture either, for dmv. :wink:
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So I had that conversation with my daughter this morning. I showed her MFP and how you set up a profile. I showed her how I was currently set to lose 0.5 lb. per week, but would be going to maintenance soon. I showed her how to add food and exercise, and how exercising lets you eat more. I showed her my food diary from yesterday, and got the comment, "Wow, you ate a lot of snacks yesterday!" I talked to her about her thinking I needed to eat more and why she thought that, and she said she doesn't see me eat much. I asked her why she thought that might be, and she said probably because I eat when she's in school. We also talked about how all food has calories, and calories are like energy for your body, and some food has more calories than others. As I was talking to her, her siblings crowded around the computer, too. I had no idea MFP was .

^^^ This sounds that a really positive outcome . . . so qualifies as an NSV about good health and healthy eating in my book.

Edited for typo. Booo
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I love this thread. So many inspiring NSV's.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!