• LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    4 egg omelet with cheese.

That actually sounds good and simple
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs or egg whites, chicken, shakshuka/eggs in purgatory, poached cod. I've started thinking outside of the American box of sweet/carbed-up breakfasts, and that's helped a lot. Chicken soup for breakfast? Sure! Veggies at breakfast are the best! The fiber/protein combo helps keep me feeling full and energized. Stirring protein powder into everything- some whey protein can be a great addition to my morning tea (wait until it's cooled a bit first to avoid gelling).

I'm going to add veggies hopefully that will cure carbs crush I have in the morning
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Another one of the breakfast I love is an omelet (I do 2 eggs with 4 egg whites because I need a lot of volume but you could easily do 1 egg with 2 egg whites if you want more focus on protein than fat) with onions, peppers, and Canadian bacon. Then top it off with avocado and salsa, with a side of bacon.
  • mleichus
    mleichus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do premier protein pre made shake with a scoop of frozen fruit in my nutri ninja. Better than Jamba... And only 160 for shake and 70-100 calories for fruit. I also love whole wheat light English muffin, avocado with an egg on it... Mmmmmm
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    eggs. I usually have 4 eggs with 2 pieces of bread or oatmeal.
  • stefankruithof
    stefankruithof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    LAYLAH17 wrote: »
    25 or above. Something primarily that will keep me full longer.

You can easily hit 25 grams (or even double that) by eating some quark, Skyr, or Greek yoghurt. I love dairy products, so I eat yoghurt or quark pretty much every morning. I like to mix it up with fruit, rice, or cereal. High protein and high fibre will keep you full.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    4 egg omelet with cheese.

That actually sounds good and simple

Same here only three eggs. I scramble them with 1tbsp of heavy whipping cream and cook in 1tbsp of full fat butter. To make life even easier I just add a single slice of American cheese (in Canada it's a Kraft cheese single). Very tasty. Very filling and I'm never hungry during the day. I may try to eat something like a pepperoni stick around 2pm just to make sure I'm not starving at dinner time, but I'm not actually all that hungry even then. That breakfast comes I at around 440Cals leaving me at least 1000 for dinner.

• tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs, come on people!

Drink water!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Steak and eggs, come on people!

Drink water!

Bro, do you even previous post!! And you forgot the bacon!!! ;) ha
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I ma
    psulemon wrote: »
    Steak, eggs and a side of bacon.
    That's a good one but do you really eat that for breakfast =0) It sounds like a full/ half a day's meal (calories)

Yes, i actually do it it for breakfast/brunch (more so on the weekends)... 8 oz sirloin, 2 eggs over easy, a side of bacon and potatoes. If I didn't work at 0600, then I would do it during the week. My normal work breakfast is a P28 protein bagel with peanut butter, an apple and a Quest protein bar. You can see my diary (my breakfast and morning snack are at the same time now.. just never modded the entries).

It's about 1100 calories, but it gives you close 85g of protein. When I go with a very large breakfast though, I skip lunch. But I will also have a large dinner :)

Can you buy the P28 bagels at a grocery store, or are they a mail order only item??
  • scolaris
    Options
    I make a batch of breakfast burritos: low carb high fiber tortilla, turkey chorizo, scrambled egg, shredded cheddar & the WFoods version of tater tots. About 400 cals each and 28 G protein.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I ma
    Steak, eggs and a side of bacon.
    That's a good one but do you really eat that for breakfast =0) It sounds like a full/ half a day's meal (calories)

Yes, i actually do it it for breakfast/brunch (more so on the weekends)... 8 oz sirloin, 2 eggs over easy, a side of bacon and potatoes. If I didn't work at 0600, then I would do it during the week. My normal work breakfast is a P28 protein bagel with peanut butter, an apple and a Quest protein bar. You can see my diary (my breakfast and morning snack are at the same time now.. just never modded the entries).

It's about 1100 calories, but it gives you close 85g of protein. When I go with a very large breakfast though, I skip lunch. But I will also have a large dinner :)

Can you buy the P28 bagels at a grocery store, or are they a mail order only item??

I buy mine at the store... but that is because we have Wegmans, which is essentially the best grocery store known to man.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Oh I will look for them. I have heard wegmans is good. Freezer or bread aisle? Sorry with all the questions!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Oh I will look for them. I have heard wegmans is good. Freezer or bread aisle? Sorry with all the questions!

Bread isle. They also make a protein bread and protein spreads.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Thanks! :)