calorie total

Options
Can anyone enlighten as to why you get additional calories to your daily total for cardio but not for weight training?

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Because weight training doesn't burn very many calories and is notoriously hard to calculate.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have to log it as strength training under cardio to get a burn amount. But most likely it'll be quite overinflated as they don't know how many reps/sets/breaks you did in that time.
  • DavidVXR
    DavidVXR Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be training with weights twice a week after today's market induction. It'll leave me with a calorie deficit twice a week going with that theory. Such is life....
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Look for "strength training" in the cardio section.
  • DavidVXR
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Look for "strength training" in the cardio section.
    Will do thanks for the heads up
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    257_Lag wrote: »
    Because weight training doesn't burn very many calories and is notoriously hard to calculate.

not so much...see jemhh
  • TriciaSmith2015
    TriciaSmith2015 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was feeling a bit disappointed about that as well because I do kettlebells about 3 times per week.
  • DavidVXR
    Options
    I was feeling a bit disappointed about that as well because I do kettlebells about 3 times per week.
    Yes totally hacked me off too...
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

Depending on your duty cycle, you might be better off logging the kettlebell workout under something with a higher MET, like circuit training. The MFP Strength Training entry is more for a traditional weightlifting workout, i.e. "do a work set for a minute or so, rest for 2 to 5 minutes, repeat". If you're lifting smaller weights with minimal rest between sets, it's really more circuit training of some sort.