Bon Temps - Week 3 of the True Blood Challenge (CLOSED GROUP

Options
Great week everyone! :flowerforyou:

I was honestly surprised by the 2 pounds I lost. Work got in the way of my exercise routine, but I stuck to my calorie goal and my body seemed to be happy with that!

What do you want to do differently this week than you did last week?

I did not get around to starting my strength training. So that is my main goal this week (along with my normal exercise routine and eating). Monday I did quite a bit of crunches on my exercise ball (and feel it today!) Now if I could just convince my 11 month old that it is not a toy :laugh:

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking more water and trying to watch my calories closer. Trying to increase my fiber also. Did lose 2 lbs last week and didnt lose any week one. Hoping for another 2 this week. We will see!
  • Jwls23
    Jwls23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Last week was my first real week of summer! Being a teacher has it's perks. Lol hopefully I can keep it up this week and next! Im leaving for vacation on Saturday so that could be a challenge. Good luck everyone"
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone?

:sad:
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am here! Could not go to the link form the origional post this week though to see where everyone stands in the ranking. Would not work.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm here now! But I'm wondering if we should just keep the same thread for the duration of the challenge. Might be easier to keep track?
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm here now! But I'm wondering if we should just keep the same thread for the duration of the challenge. Might be easier to keep track?
    Agree with Mel. It may be easier to keep track with one thread going for the duration.

This week is not going quite as planned. I've done two of my three runs. I was planning on doing a 5k at lunch, forgetting that I have a dental appointment at lunch. So I'm going to try to sqeeze it in this weekend (my sister is here visiting with her BF and his daughter). I'm planning to make good choices this weekend. We're going to Legoland, where I'm sure there will be very few good things to choose from but I'll make due. Maybe my sis and I could split whatever it is we buy (she's in the losing-weight bandwagon too). Then she wants to go to the beach and her BF wants to go to my favorite hamburger joint on this planet. So that's going to be a toughie. Maybe sans the burger bun. I plan to step it up next week, hoping to add a zumba class to my three runs. Ok. I think I'm rambling. I will sign off now. Good luck to everyone!
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA a couple days this week. It has once again been a very hectic week for me. A friend's mother in law passed away recently and I've been helping her in my free time to try to go through everything. My plan this week is sticking to my calories for the day, drinking plenty of water and getting what exercise I can on top on my normal routines. I hope everyone has a great weigh in this week. Hugs all.
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.

Sorry I'm not around much - I normally only use the MFP app on my iPhone and you can't see the Forums on that.

I am working on more water, less calories and trying to make healthier choices. The first two are working out ok but the last is hard!

Have a great week everyone.

Sarah
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Going to the beach house in Halkidiki on Sunday (Monday is a holiday here in Greece) and will be subject to my mother-in-law's cooking, which is relatively healthy, but DROWNING in olive oil. Ugh. Will have to take extra walks by the sea, since I can't swim for exercise (nope, I don't know how to swim, how crazy is that??).
  • stariera
    Options
    Anyone have the link to this weeks main True Blood Challenge thread?
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    hey! found you guys - what is everyone up to this weekend? I was going to go for a nice long walk but when I woke up it was pouring with rain over here! *darn* back to bed I suppose :laugh:
  • stariera
    Options
    LOL we've been getting alot of rain when we do I hit the reistance bands or do something for a nice indoor work out
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOL, I can't find us!!!! But go Team Bon Temps!!!!!!!! and a big shout out to my Truie pals...we are a couple of weeks away from the next season..........yeah!!!!!!!!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I went out yesterday and bought True Blood Season 3 (it's only just come out on DVD over here in the UK) so i'm just watching it now as i do my meal/exercise plans ^.^

Hope everyones had a good week! What were the results of last weeks weigh-in? I can't find them.

Katie
    xxx
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hey guys - hope you all went better with your weigh in this week than i did! Actively working against the group and put on 1lb despite sticking to my calories and exercising! Hmph :noway:

Anyway - not giving up but think I need to try some new tactics - have been eating 1290cals regardless of exercise for a few weeks now, before that was doing 1200 and eating back exercise (didnt find that terribly good either - lost even less than the current plan) - now I am going to try cal cycling between 1200 and 1600 for a week or two... think I will still ignore exercise though as I really found that to be counter productive (I go for a walk each day with my dog and extra comes from tennis 1-2X/w or yoga 1-2X/w so not ripping it up in the gym or doing so much that I would need more food anyway)

I am happy with my weight loss so far but must admit that the last month has been a bit discouraging - I have lost 1kg over the last 4wks, which seems like very little considering I have logged everything and almost entirely stuck to my calories (2-3 nights out in the last 2 months, but still logged and generally compensated for during the day with exercise or less food etc)...

Hopefully I am just in a semi plateau and I can get into a more regular pattern of weight loss soon - it is not that I have any trouble sticking to a plan - I just am not finding one that works right now! :grumble:

done ranting.

anyone looking for a laugh should youtube eharmony cat lover :laugh:
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Team Bon Temps!

Just wanted to give you the heads up that I removed a member from your team today: alexandrarae90. I will be adding another member today, and will let you know when I do.

Thanks!
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Haven't weighed in yet, very nervous after last week. :frown: Wish me luck. I will be back soon with my news good or bad..:smile:
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.2 lbs this week which puts exactly at 185.

I'm taking today off with a fun combo of TOM, migrane, & fussy baby.

Go Bon Temps!
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    Ok, I have added two new members to your team!

ilovecreg120809
    kaitlynsmom

Please send them friend requests and point them in the direction of this thread, so they can keep up with you all!

• Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Week 3 - 202.0 lbs. [ 6-13-2011] Down 3.3 (WOO HOO!)