Today my motivation is....

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation was to stop feeling sorry for myself because I am injured and can't work out as hard as I could 4 weeks ago.

I'm with you on that one!! I had just got going with some strength training at the gym and then sprained my wrist. I was all out of sorts about it, but then decided to just do C25K instead - don't need a wrist for that! And, in the meantime, I purchased Strong Curves, which I'll read front to back and then be all ready to get back to the gym when my wrist is healed up.

Today, I will stay motivated by picturing myself running a 5K, and by seeing onederland by my birthday (Jan 17, 20 lbs to go!).

I just found out that I have a fractured wrist in addition to a bruised hip and leg joint and bruised ribs. I'll be starting aquatic rehab, which lets me move more easily and with a wrist brace (and after a pin is inserted to stabilized the bone) I can work harder than on land.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Not the best weekend. Today's motivation is to learn some new dance moves since I taped a new "Bollyblast" workout. Time to start a new week and dance the weekend calories away.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My motivation for today is remembering how good I feel when I control my carbs and calories and exercise. I feel great physically, emotionally and spiritually.

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation was to stop feeling sorry for myself because I am injured and can't work out as hard as I could 4 weeks ago.

I'm with you on that one!! I had just got going with some strength training at the gym and then sprained my wrist. I was all out of sorts about it, but then decided to just do C25K instead - don't need a wrist for that! And, in the meantime, I purchased Strong Curves, which I'll read front to back and then be all ready to get back to the gym when my wrist is healed up.

Today, I will stay motivated by picturing myself running a 5K, and by seeing onederland by my birthday (Jan 17, 20 lbs to go!).

I just found out that I have a fractured wrist in addition to a bruised hip and leg joint and bruised ribs. I'll be starting aquatic rehab, which lets me move more easily and with a wrist brace (and after a pin is inserted to stabilized the bone) I can work harder than on land.
    Ouch! I seem to remember that this was from a car accident. I'm angry on your behalf! Dealing with disappointment in my thwarted goals/progress is a HUGE challenge when this kind of thing happens to me. BUT you can still keep your weight in check (some of your fitness goals may have to wait). Hang in there.

• LatinActive503
    LatinActive503 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My motivation for today is only Me ! I realized I have to do this for me first .... BUT once in a while i need a kick start
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today was to stop feeling so self conscious about everything. It didn't go so well today, but now is not earlier. Tomorrow is not today. All that jazz. *sigh*.

I can do this.
  • bri170lb
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My motivation for today is....I really, really, really want to actually reach my goal by spring, I have been going up and down since the beginning of october, and I just have to be exact on my calories today in order to meet my commitment to myself.

• secondnature81
    Options
    Reading. I love the treadmill because I can set my kindle app there and just get lost. I don't feel guilty at all because I allow myself to read something fun when I'm working out. Absolutely nothing to read to better myself. Unless I really want to. Lol!

I had book club last night, and I always feel less read than all of them, and I can't wait to read some of the other books they talk about. Well, then I guess I better work out more :)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    My motivation for today is....

Knowing that if I continue to repeat past mistakes. I will be in the same spot tomorrow that I am in today.

But if I build on each day's success, it will take me closer and closer to my goals.

I've lost 105 pounds so far! I know how to do this! I will lose the last 45 if I focus!

• secondnature81
    Options
    Where did it go? I know I posted yesterday, but it isn't here. Yesterday I thought about my in-laws who have always commented on my weight. Yes I'm doing it for me, but I will take great joy in being a healthy weight because of it.

Today, my little girl. I don't want her to remember me like this.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Where did it go? I know I posted yesterday, but it isn't here.

this happens to me too. I don't know why. :#

Keep my spirits up
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Today my motivatin is...Physics. Newton's Third Law of Motion to be precise. I know that if i keep eating within my calorie limits I will eventually reach my goal.

• secondnature81
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Today my motivatin is...Physics. Newton's Third Law of Motion to be precise. I know that if i keep eating within my calorie limits I will eventually reach my goal.

Love it! I'm going to steal that one for today for me. :) Perfect.

• secondnature81
    Options
    Energy. I need the energy for next year's time change with a toddler.
  • emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation is how I feel this morning. Last night I treated myself to some trader joes treats (...quite a bit less than I have in the past. It's amazing how your body changes and gets used to healthy eating...or maybe I just used to always feel horrible. Lol) and I feel HORRIBLE this morning. My tummy is upset and out of order, my face is all puffy...it's worth it to me to eat better so I feel better. Does anyone else feel like their body changes (or body image) the instant they eat something unhealthy? Ugh. Tomorrow will be better!
  • CariLynn67
    CariLynn67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation is...I'm going back to work tomorrow after 8 months of on & off. The statement "I have nothing to wear!" has never rang more truth. Even my "fat" clothes from before surgery don't fit :/ I am NOT investing in ANOTHER "fat" wardrobe!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    emmargest wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like their body changes (or body image) the instant they eat something unhealthy?

Me!

• bri170lb
    Options
    Today my motivation is...
    I've had several good days in a row and I just want to keep up the streak and see some downward movement on my scale for the first time in a couple of weeks.

• bri170lb
    Options
    Woo hoo. 1 pound down. Finally. Today my motivation is...to start out well with my personal commitment for the month of November to walk and/or jog at least 5 miles per day. I did it yesterday and I plan to make it two days in a row today.