My first REAL NSV!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
CoffeeNCardio
CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
I JOGGED FOR FIVE STRAIGHT MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never in my adult life been able to jog for more than like 2 minutes tops. I can walk forever, but I could never ever EVER jog. My legs are SUPER SUPER sore, but I haven't been this proud of myself since I got my SAT scores back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, it's little objectively, but this is so huge to me I couldn't help sharing:):):):):):):):):):):)

ETA: Upon further reflection, this is WAY better!

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. This morning I jogged for 13 minutes straight, and I was only supposed to go for 8. 5 weeks ago I could barely finish 90 seconds. Are you doing C25K? I'm on Week 5 Day 2.
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Keep it up!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. This morning I jogged for 13 minutes straight, and I was only supposed to go for 8. 5 weeks ago I could barely finish 90 seconds. Are you doing C25K? I'm on Week 5 Day 2.

I AM!!!!! Tonight is actually my off night for C25K, I haven't even done my second day of week 1 yet, but I was trying to work out to bring my calorie overage back down so I was just gonna walk a long time, and it felt easy so I thought "Maybe I'll move up to 4mph." So I did that (I THOUGHT my fastest I could walk was 3.5, yay!), then I was like, "This isn't as challenging as I imagined it would be, maybe I'll jog for a minute" And then I went for five!!!!! It feels amazing I had no idea. I want to do it MORE. (like tomorrow so I don't accidentally break my leg or something). On that note, my legs are starting to feel better now that I've just putzed about my house putting baby to bed:)

@Bheil214 @thereshegoesagain Thank you!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »

I AM!!!!! Tonight is actually my off night for C25K, I haven't even done my second day of week 1 yet, but I was trying to work out to bring my calorie overage back down so I was just gonna walk a long time, and it felt easy so I thought "Maybe I'll move up to 4mph." So I did that (I THOUGHT my fastest I could walk was 3.5, yay!), then I was like, "This isn't as challenging as I imagined it would be, maybe I'll jog for a minute" And then I went for five!!!!! It feels amazing I had no idea. I want to do it MORE. (like tomorrow so I don't accidentally break my leg or something). On that note, my legs are starting to feel better now that I've just putzed about my house putting baby to bed:)

If you can already do 5 minutes, you're going to kill C25K! I was so excited after my run; I can't wait until Friday. I'm only up to 3.5 on a treadmill, though I haven't been to the gym in maybe three weeks, so I might be faster by now. I keep thinking about cancelling my gym membership (we live so far away it's just easier to work out at home) but then I think winter's coming, maybe I better wait to decide until after the snow flies.

My legs were sore a little last week, but this week they feel fine, even after the 13 minute jog.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »

If you can already do 5 minutes, you're going to kill C25K! I was so excited after my run; I can't wait until Friday. I'm only up to 3.5 on a treadmill, though I haven't been to the gym in maybe three weeks, so I might be faster by now. I keep thinking about cancelling my gym membership (we live so far away it's just easier to work out at home) but then I think winter's coming, maybe I better wait to decide until after the snow flies.

My legs were sore a little last week, but this week they feel fine, even after the 13 minute jog.

Maybe you could find a treadmill for cheap on Craigslist? That's what I did. I'm not gonna try and argue that that wasn't a case of extreme luck (it was free aside from gasoline and the intense labor of dragging it out of some dude's basement), but maybe you can make room for 1-200 dollars and getcha an alternative. Make the money up by cancelling that membership if you're only using it for cardio anyway:)

I love the C25K plan! I'm hoping if I stick with it as is, by the time I get to the latter weeks it won't be so hard:)
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! I remember the first time I was able to do that, felt so good. Keep it up!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    fostersu wrote: »
    GOOD FOR YOU! I remember the first time I was able to do that, felt so good. Keep it up!

Thank you! I'm seriously glowing and giddy all at the same time. I probably sound ridiculous, cause what's 5 minutes to a regular runner? But it's like a climbed everest to me!
  • hsuarez1991
    hsuarez1991 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you! Keep it up and don't over exert yourself.
  • ljparsons08
    ljparsons08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    C25k is awesome! Before I started I could barely jog 90 seconds. I'm on week 9 (I think?) and am up to a 25 minute freaking jog! I'm completely shocked still that I can do that. I've never in my life been able to do that. Keep going! It's so exciting!
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I remember the 1st time I jogged for longer than I was used to. I was so proud of myself. Getting out of that comfort zone helps you improve in more ways than you think.
  • lgtijerina
    lgtijerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I remember the first time that I was able to run for 1 minute, then 5 minutes. It does feel great. Keep at it.
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I jogged for 5 minutes I was so excited. I had finished up C25K but I didn't jog/run much thru the hot summer so I am having to build back up again.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Nothing is better than getting stronger and healthy.. makes it all so worth it. great work!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl just keep pushing yourself
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so pleased:)
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I did C25K also. I had never jogged before. I'm 52 years old. Jogging for the tirst time was like a dream, it just didn't seem possible!

I started at the beginning of June and in the beginning of August I was able to jog the WHOLE 5K!

I made a commitment to myself to do one 5k race every month for a year. So far I have done it!

Keep going with C25K. If it's seems too hard one week, just repeat it. Soon you will be wanting to skip weeks. Then you will suddenly be FLYING!

• CoffeeNCardio
    edited October 2015
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I did C25K also. I had never jogged before. I'm 52 years old. Jogging for the tirst time was like a dream, it just didn't seem possible!

I started at the beginning of June and in the beginning of August I was able to jog the WHOLE 5K!

I made a commitment to myself to do one 5k race every month for a year. So far I have done it!

Keep going with C25K. If it's seems too hard one week, just repeat it. Soon you will be wanting to skip weeks. Then you will suddenly be FLYING!

That's incredible. I want to be like you, that sounds so amazing:) I'm for sure sticking with it. If I didn't, my treadmill would be sitting here glaring at me from across the room, and even if it broke or something, I have a gym membership, so no excuses here!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Keep this feeling.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Keep this feeling.

Oh I have NO intention of ever letting this slip away, it's way too amazing. I find my motivation to do dumb boring stuff like laundry has gone up! Now I look for excuses to complete menial daily tasks I would normally blow off in favor of youtube and the couch. I NEVER want to not feel like this ever again. LOL, can fitness be addictive? I think so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!