Halloween Cheat Day???

Who's going to be eating Halloween candy??

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    No cheat days here, but I will fit it into my calories. Have been all week.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Sometimes costumes are too sexy. I've never heard it referred to as "Eating the Halloween Candy" though.
  • indiaweightlose24
    indiaweightlose24 Posts: 75 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    No cheat days here, but I will fit it into my calories. Have been all week.

That's good to hear staying strong ☺️
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Um ya. I'm in charge of figuring out some sort of beverage for a pre trick or treating party. Plus we'll be walking so....ya.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Yeah. I'm probably going to be eating some candy. I won't feel bad though. I have a 5k that morning :P
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Sometimes costumes are too sexy. I've never heard it referred to as "Eating the Halloween Candy" though.

heh
  • indiaweightlose24
    synchkat wrote: »
    Um ya. I'm in charge of figuring out some sort of beverage for a pre trick or treating party. Plus we'll be walking so....ya.

Maybe a Bloody Mary Drink
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    synchkat wrote: »

Maybe a Bloody Mary Drink

That's an idea. I have to take it to the neighbours' so something in a jug.
  • indiaweightlose24
    Yeah. I'm probably going to be eating some candy. I won't feel bad though. I have a 5k that morning :P

I think I'm might want to hit the gym that morning! I love me some Reese's
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    I won't be eating much candy, but I anticipate lots of beer and pizza rolls :P
  • indiaweightlose24

Ohhhh noooo
  • indiaweightlose24

Ohhhh noooo
    Enjoy Though!:)
  • tracyowens22
    tracyowens22 Posts: 49 Member
    I'm going to burn about 700 calories that morning teaching indoor cycling but I don't plan to go overboard on candy to make up that calorie deficit. My plan is to set a few pieces aside for myself to enjoy and put the rest away. No sabotaging of the calorie budget this year!
  • I love threads like this. In for beer, and for the pizza...... not rolls though. Those are nasty. I don't cheat. I splurge, and I never schedule or deprive myself. What kind of enjoyment do you have in life if you think of yourself and being deprived, or that you are doing something bad, like cheating. No, this is about balance, moderation, and choosing positive choices along the way. All good, positive...never negative reinforcement. If you deny yourself treats, you burn out. Try something like, picking two pieces of your favorite candy out from the first 6 pieces you pull from the bag, and leaving it at that. Two bites of each treat at the party. One drink for every two glasses of water you drink. Having a healthy snack before heading out with friends.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member

Ohhhh noooo

I should still be within my limit. I intend to eat lightly today and tomorrow anyway though, just in case I end up going over a bit.
  • indiaweightlose24

Ohhhh noooo

I should still be within my limit. I intend to eat lightly today and tomorrow anyway though, just in case I end up going over a bit.

That's a great way to do it!!
  • indiaweightlose24
    I love threads like this. In for beer, and for the pizza...... not rolls though. Those are nasty. I don't cheat. I splurge, and I never schedule or deprive myself. What kind of enjoyment do you have in life if you think of yourself and being deprived, or that you are doing something bad, like cheating. No, this is about balance, moderation, and choosing positive choices along the way. All good, positive...never negative reinforcement. If you deny yourself treats, you burn out. Try something like, picking two pieces of your favorite candy out from the first 6 pieces you pull from the bag, and leaving it at that. Two bites of each treat at the party. One drink for every two glasses of water you drink. Having a healthy snack before heading out with friends.

Everyone has their own way of doing things! Me being strict on my diet has helped me lose over 70lbs and I've never felt deprieved.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Chocolate? Treat yo self!
    Pizza? Treat yo self?
    Fine Italian wine? Treat yo self!

Seriously though, I've been planning all week to have some sort of candy bar for Halloween. I'm not sure yet what I'm choosing, but that's the plan.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    We're having a food day and I'm not going to bring anything so I don't eat anything. I've been back on the wagon for such a short time that I just can't justify having a cheat day.
  • indiaweightlose24
    Chocolate? Treat yo self!
    Pizza? Treat yo self?
    Fine Italian wine? Treat yo self!

Seriously though, I've been planning all week to have some sort of candy bar for Halloween. I'm not sure yet what I'm choosing, but that's the plan.

Yess! I know I will
  • indiaweightlose24
    We're having a food day and I'm not going to bring anything so I don't eat anything. I've been back on the wagon for such a short time that I just can't justify having a cheat day.

Totally understandable stick to your gunz
  • I love threads like this. In for beer, and for the pizza...... not rolls though. Those are nasty. I don't cheat. I splurge, and I never schedule or deprive myself. What kind of enjoyment do you have in life if you think of yourself and being deprived, or that you are doing something bad, like cheating. No, this is about balance, moderation, and choosing positive choices along the way. All good, positive...never negative reinforcement. If you deny yourself treats, you burn out. Try something like, picking two pieces of your favorite candy out from the first 6 pieces you pull from the bag, and leaving it at that. Two bites of each treat at the party. One drink for every two glasses of water you drink. Having a healthy snack before heading out with friends.

Everyone has their own way of doing things! Me being strict on my diet has helped me lose over 70lbs and I've never felt deprieved.

Yes ma'am everyone does, and finding my balance. I have lost over 100 pounds, and still enjoy cake ~gasp~ Also put on all sorts of muscle, and go full'throttle in life. My suggestions are just those, suggestions. Like I do take take everything you can gain, knowledge, little tricks of the trade, and opinions. Tweak them until you find what works for you. Everyone is different, and different things fit different lifestyles.
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Yes, of course but I will find a way to fit it into my goals for the day.
  • lianachu13
    lianachu13 Posts: 15 Member
    Halloween is my wedding anniversary so I'm going to be eating pizza, haha. And candy.
  • indiaweightlose24
    I love threads like this. In for beer, and for the pizza...... not rolls though. Those are nasty. I don't cheat. I splurge, and I never schedule or deprive myself. What kind of enjoyment do you have in life if you think of yourself and being deprived, or that you are doing something bad, like cheating. No, this is about balance, moderation, and choosing positive choices along the way. All good, positive...never negative reinforcement. If you deny yourself treats, you burn out. Try something like, picking two pieces of your favorite candy out from the first 6 pieces you pull from the bag, and leaving it at that. Two bites of each treat at the party. One drink for every two glasses of water you drink. Having a healthy snack before heading out with friends.

Yes ma'am everyone does, and finding my balance. I have lost over 100 pounds, and still enjoy cake ~gasp~ Also put on all sorts of muscle, and go full'throttle in life. My suggestions are just those, suggestions. Like I do take take everything you can gain, knowledge, little tricks of the trade, and opinions. Tweak them until you find what works for you. Everyone is different, and different things fit different lifestyles.

I'm proud of you!

• indiaweightlose24
    lianachu13 wrote: »
    Halloween is my wedding anniversary so I'm going to be eating pizza, haha. And candy.

Aww Happy Early Anniversary! That's Awesome! Hope you enjoy!
  • indiaweightlose24
    ckfox95 wrote: »
    Yes, of course but I will find a way to fit it into my goals for the day.

I think I will be doing the same lol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    i dont consider it a cheat day more of a i will eat whatever i want because halloween is my favourite holiday and i dont care

so yeah ill be eating a lot of candy, chocolate & whatever special halloween dinner i feel like
  • indiaweightlose24
    salembambi wrote: »
    i dont consider it a cheat day more of a i will eat whatever i want because halloween is my favourite holiday and i dont care

so yeah ill be eating a lot of candy, chocolate & whatever special halloween dinner i feel like

Lol!! It's all about making yourself happy !!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    edited October 2015
    I've been eating candy all week! I work in a doctor's office and a drug rep brought us in 3 bags of Halloween candy. I've been letting myself have 1 piece everyday after lunch. It's my little treat for the day. As long as there's room in my calories, I go for it. As for Halloween, I'll be getting in an Insanity workout first thing in the morning, that way I can have a few treats throughout the day.