Hypothetical -For those who work in an office.

Options

Replies

• ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    ald783 wrote: »
    Anyway, probably yes. I think it would be a giant pain in the ballsand I'd gripe about it every day and would probably be unhappier on a daily basis, but I'd do it for the cash.

Wait, you don't have balls so how do you know?

But you can't really know that for sure, can you?

FWIW (or for the next hypo), I would attach a pair of balls to my body and wear them every day for a year for $50k tax free. Student loans aren't gonna pay themselves.
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No way!!! I have to walk up 26 steps to my office on the 2nd floor, we do not have an elevator and I do good to get myself to the top. I use to carry a large purse, now I carry a small one with only what I have to have. So with that being said, I know I'm not carrying a computer.
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No way!!! I have to walk up 26 steps to my office on the 2nd floor, we do not have an elevator and I do good to get myself to the top. I use to carry a large purse, now I carry a small one with only what I have to have. So with that being said, I know I'm not carrying a computer.

What about if the offer was increased to $75K?

The answer would still be no, unless my family was starving or something like that. For them I will push the limits. However, if I had to do that every day, my husband would do it for me or I would pay somebody, $50 to $75K, I could afford to. ;-)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I feel there is a catch none of us are getting. Ha!. Sure, I'd do it for $75K! My office may have some objections though.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    For 75k Sure.. all I would have to do is get a flat screen that could sit on top of my desktop computer.. leave all the cables hooked up.. use a wireless mouse.. so three cords to possibly plug in and unplug each day... one for the desktop, one for the monitor, and one for the lan cable. and I could put it all on a hand dolly that I could use to wheel it to and from the vehicle in a box built to hold the monitor right next to the desktop and had latches on it so I would just move the box each day.. twice a day... easy said.. easy done... a bit of a pain.. but for the kind of money I would make it would be worth it.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Hell I'll do it for 40 grand ! Get some extra calorie burn.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    For a tax-free additional $50K a year, and assuming the network admins didn't flip out over me plugging into and unplugging from the network every day, I'd do it. But I do have some things working in my favor, not the least of which is the fact that both my house and my office are single-story buildings. Plus, thanks to a few years of rucking with a heavy and awkward rucksack, I could probably fashion some form of backpack arrangement from my old gear (in lieu of the previously mentioned hydraulic device).
  • jersanter
    jersanter Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd do just about anything for an extra $50k
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would pay someone half the money to do it for me and keep 25k for myself x
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yeah sure!
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    is the time spent on setting up and taking it down included in my work day or is this on my own time?

you need to be ready to work at 8am and you have to continue working until 5.

Slacker nono.gif

ummm I'd have to say no. The walk from my car to my office building is way too far. Getting through turnstiles, and crossing a building with all that stuff is way too much work. I'd probably have to make a couple of trips to the car just to get that stuff.

• mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Anyone think about locking your hard drive before moving it? I work 4x11's. I'd do it. I already have a cart with wheels in my car. $50k tax free would be worth it. I set up computers as part of my job anyway. Alittle hard work with big pay out. I'm in!
  • LindsayPosey
    LindsayPosey Posts: 2,638 Member
    Options
    The fact that it's a PC makes a difference... I really like working on my Mac it makes my job a lot easier. Hmmm would I be allowed to have a cart to tow it back and forth? Would I be able to leave it in the car because my apartment is on the 3rd floor? Although bringing it up and down the stairs every day would be a good workout. Buuuttt I might drop something on the stairs especially those mornings that I'm late and having to rush. You know what.. For an extra $50,000, I would do it or at least try to do it. Maybe it would just get easier over time to where it felt normal and I wouldn't even be able to remember the days of just keeping it in my office.