Coffee Calories?

Options
Looking at the calories for various 10oz black coffees, and I see everything from 0c alto to 12 cals...what do you think??

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    I don't log coffee itself personally, just whatever I put in to it. I only have a couple cups a day at most.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I err on the 12 side
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's not a very big difference. Most coffee I've seen are 5 or less. I don't worry too much about it unless you're drinking 10 cups a day or something.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    Looking at the calories for various 10oz black coffees, and I see everything from 0c alto to 12 cals...what do you think??

I log THAT I had coffee, but never how much of the actual joe. I log the sugar and creamer I put into it METICULOUSLY. Most coffee doesn't have calories (it's really just flavored hot water after all), or has so few that if you're having 1-4 cups a day it doesn't matter as long as everything else is well logged and accounted for.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: The coffee I get is an espresso blend that specifically says 0 calories on the bag, so you may prefer to log the number on your bag.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I log my k cups as 5 calories. Between creamer and sugar I add about another 40-50 calories.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee. I assure you in the grand scheme of things, 12 cals won't make a difference.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I don't log black coffee. I assure you in the grand scheme of things, 12 cals won't make a difference.
    Well, I've been having like 60oz a day lately, so that could go from 0cals to 60cals, so I'd like to get it accurate as possible =P

Coffee brewed from grounds is an official Usda entry. You have lots of choices for sizes. vads0go6cr80.png

Hmmm, this is helpful, thank you.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i log my coffee and most of it is 2 calories a cup...but watch it when you drink flavored coffee's they can have more. Some even 10 calories a cup
    I have some Aribic Hazelnut and French Vanilla ( so just coffee no creamers etc ) and they are 7 calories a cup

consider that i drink a lot of coffee about 14 cups a day that would be 98 calories daily in coffee.

So yes look it up normal coffee is 2 and make a standard log that you can copy to each day ( i have 14 cups so 28 calories a day) and the special ones i log when i really have them. Like in the evening i like to make a Nice Latte or cappuccino Those i log seperately.

If you want to get as accurate as possible...make and use only your own brought in entries. Bit of a hassle to start with. But ones done you know you always have the right entry's.

Good luck and enjoy more coffee :)

95069916.png
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee itself personally, just whatever I put in to it. I only have a couple cups a day at most.

Yep, this is me. I don't count the coffee, just the half & half.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Before I wouldn't log my coffee until a scanned my TJ espresso and it was 15 cal. So now I log coffee and additions.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I don't log the coffees as such but I log the 250ml of milk that I add to them under snacks and those cals. It's not 100% accurate but gives a good guesstimate.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I log mine it is 15cal for 36oz, then I log the 75cal for all the whole milk I put in it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This would be right up there, with how many calories do I log for swallowing the toothpaste.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    This would be right up there, with how many calories do I log for swallowing the toothpaste.

Pfft maybe for you...but between 0 calories for my daily coffee and 60 calories for my daily coffee could mean whether or not I eat an Oreo! That's a big deal!

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    The coffee itself is so minimal, it doesn't matter unless you are drinking gallons of it. Just log the sugar and creamer you add to it and move on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Pfft maybe for you...but between 0 calories for my daily coffee and 60 calories for my daily coffee could mean whether or not I eat an Oreo! That's a big deal!

This is why they have stairs......because Oreos!
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When you are on a very small deficit it matters
    When my coffee intake daily is around 100 calories that 700 calories a week

With a deficit of only around the 150 atm it does matter for me :)

95069916.png
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Hm.... I literally have a goal of only 1600 calories per day, log everything I eat and drink, and have cookies every day. And I don't exercise at all. You can have an Oreo, and your coffee.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wait are you telling me that black coffee still has calories?