Grab & Go Breakfast Suggestions

Options
Hey y'all! I'm looking for some easy grab & go breakfast ideas? I need to find something I can take to the office with me and eat at my desk.

Lately I've been eating these awesome pumpkin muffin tops from Whole Foods but I'm getting a little bored of them. I don't really like yogurt and I don't eat meat of any kind...can anyone recommend something quick, easy and office-friendly?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I actually make egg muffins.

10 eggs, ham, peppers, onions, chili pepper. Put ham and veggies in muffin tin, beat egg and pour (makes 12) top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10mins.

I usually take extra breakfast ham and bread to toast.

I get my protein and it's filling.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

10 eggs, ham, peppers, onions, chili pepper. Put ham and veggies in muffin tin, beat egg and pour (makes 12) top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10mins.

I can't cook at the office LOLOL and like I mentioned - I don't eat meat.

Thanks anyway!

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

I can't cook at the office LOLOL and like I mentioned - I don't eat meat.

Thanks anyway!

You can put whatever you want to put in them (or leave out whatever you want to leave out). They're easy to freeze, thaw the night before, and reheat when you get to the office.

Also, you should google recipes for overnight oats. Usually calls for greek yogurt and oats which will keep you full, and there are all sorts of fun flavors to mess around with.

You can also freeze breakfast burritos.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    OK, thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll stick with my muffins :wink:
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I keep a whole stash of Quest and Kind bars in my desk.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    PeiDub wrote: »
    I keep a whole stash of Quest and Kind bars in my desk.

I've never had either, but I do love my Luna Bars!

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I love a simple peanut butter sandwich. Great with coffee!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Prepackaged protein shakes. I keep these around for when I don't have time to make breakfast:

http://www.costco.com/Premier-Protein®-Chocolate-Shakes-18-11oz-Shakes.product.100101297.html
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I normally do Plain greek yogurt and mix in either ..raisins with sunflower seeds or a banana sometimes I will mix it with a small amount of granola and bluberries I also buy weight watchers oatmeal cups which are yummy and good for on the go just add water and microwave
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I love a simple peanut butter sandwich. Great with coffee!

I never thought of that! Thanks!

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Homemade breakfast wraps or sandwiches. I like to scramble center cut bacon, eggs or egg whites, onion, pepper, spinach, mushroom and use low carb/high fiber tortillas and 75% reduced fat cheese - they come out to right around 200 calories each. I can make 8, flash freeze them, and my family can heat and eat on the way.

You can also freeze your own "egg mcmuffins" in the same way.

My absolute favorite is the egg muffin or a crustless quiche. It's something you could pack and microwave in the office, but since it takes 2 minutes in the morning to heat, I can usually just heat and eat all week.

ETA without meat you can still make the above. Omit bacon/meat. You can make your egg patties with added cut up veggies for the sandwiches too.
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Do you like oatmeal? We have hot water attached to our commercial coffee maker and so I have a quick hot breakfast. I add diced apples and a few nuts for favor.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    Thanks @Queenmunchy! But I think anything involving eggs, onion, pepper, etc. would smell pretty offensive to my colleagues at the office lolol
    Plus, I don't really have much time to prepare things in advance.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    marsh5224 wrote: »
    Do you like oatmeal? We have hot water attached to our commercial coffee maker and so I have a quick hot breakfast. I add diced apples and a few nuts for favor.

Yeah...not a huge fan. I keep a few packets at my desk for emergencies but I just don't find it that filling.
    I got some good suggestions so far from a few people - cottage cheese and fruit, peanut butter sandwich, peanut butter on apples.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Queenmunchy! But I think anything involving eggs, onion, pepper, etc. would smell pretty offensive to my colleagues at the office lolol

protein smoothie...

fruit, almond milk, protein powder in a blender...goes in a cup.

and they don't smell offensive actually most people love them at my office.

As mentioned as well...cereal with milk, fruit salad, toast, nutella sandwich with banana or peanut butter with banana......

as for time in advance really??? you don't have 30mins to make a breakfast for the week?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

protein smoothie...

fruit, almond milk, protein powder in a blender...goes in a cup.

and they don't smell offensive actually most people love them at my office.

As mentioned as well...cereal with milk, fruit salad, toast, nutella sandwich with banana or peanut butter with banana......

as for time in advance really??? you don't have 30mins to make a breakfast for the week?

I had knee surgery recently, and I am on crutches so yeah - it takes someone on crutches a pretty long time to cook stuff - thus I was looking for quick and easy.

No need to be so snarky. I don't know why people on here feel the need to be like that.

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Homemade breakfast wraps or sandwiches. I like to scramble center cut bacon, eggs or egg whites, onion, pepper, spinach, mushroom and use low carb/high fiber tortillas and 75% reduced fat cheese - they come out to right around 200 calories each. I can make 8, flash freeze them, and my family can heat and eat on the way.

You can also freeze your own "egg mcmuffins" in the same way.

My absolute favorite is the egg muffin or a crustless quiche. It's something you could pack and microwave in the office, but since it takes 2 minutes in the morning to heat, I can usually just heat and eat all week.

ETA without meat you can still make the above. Omit bacon/meat. You can make your egg patties with added cut up veggies for the sandwiches too.

Nothing to do with food... but has anyone ever told you that you like like Tamara Tunie (Dr. Warner on Law and Order: SVU)?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Gotcha. I will say that they probably take 20 minutes from start to finish, seven additional days that you don't need to make breakfast, plus they're portable to eat on the way to work.

Make ahead smoothie or oatmeal packs work well too if you can dump your kit, blend and take it with you or pack your oatmeal cup to microwave in the office.
    Smoothie Packs
    Oatmeal cups

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    ^^^ I really like the smoothie idea. Thanks!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So this sounds weird to some people, but I love cold buttermilk pancakes with peanut butter smeared on them. My mom would have leftovers from making breakfast, and I would always eat the leftovers right out of the fridge. Sometimes just plain.