piece of cheese and half of an avocado
    Hard boiled eggs
    My husband likes the Special K frozen breakfast sandwiches

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Thanks @Queenmunchy! But I think anything involving eggs, onion, pepper, etc. would smell pretty offensive to my colleagues at the office lolol
    Plus, I don't really have much time to prepare things in advance.

protein smoothie...

fruit, almond milk, protein powder in a blender...goes in a cup.

and they don't smell offensive actually most people love them at my office.

As mentioned as well...cereal with milk, fruit salad, toast, nutella sandwich with banana or peanut butter with banana......

as for time in advance really??? you don't have 30mins to make a breakfast for the week?

I had knee surgery recently, and I am on crutches so yeah - it takes someone on crutches a pretty long time to cook stuff - thus I was looking for quick and easy.

No need to be so snarky. I don't know why people on here feel the need to be like that.

I don't think she intended on being snarky. She didn't know you just had knee surgery and didn't understand not having a little time to prepare breakfast :)

I am on board with oatmeal. Don't use the instant pouches, though. Those don't have enough, and have added calories because of all the sugar. I make my own with rolled oats, and a variety of toppings (this week is canned pumpkin, a little brown sugar, cinnamon, pie spice, and walnuts). We have a Keurig in our office so I just get hot water out of that, or if your office has a commercial coffee maker that works too! Just dump everything in a mug or bowl and let it set in the hot water til cooked! I do brown sugar and cinnamon with some raisins, applesauce or small diced apples in with some walnuts and cinnamon, blueberries and coconut and almonds is pretty good too! Usually between 200-250 cals :)

I like the peanut butter sandwich idea too!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I actually make egg muffins.

10 eggs, ham, peppers, onions, chili pepper. Put ham and veggies in muffin tin, beat egg and pour (makes 12) top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10mins.

I usually take extra breakfast ham and bread to toast.

I get my protein and it's filling.

You make them at home, don't have to add meat. Just add veggies. Reheat in microwave at work.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Cottage cheese and apple sauce are good together
    frozen waffle with pb and banana
    protein bars/ nutrition bars and a piece of fruit
    piece of cheese and half of an avocado
    Hard boiled eggs
    My husband likes the Special K frozen breakfast sandwiches

I didn't know Special K made breakfast sammiches! I'll have to look for them next time I go shopping.

• wolfsbayne2
    wolfsbayne2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I love a simple peanut butter sandwich. Great with coffee!

This is what my husband used to eat before his workouts in the morning. Two peanut butter and honey sandwiches with coffee.
  • Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    Quest bars!

Are Quest bars better than Luna Bars?

• Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like them better but your mileage will vary. I like the protein and fiber I get from them and find them a great compliment to a cup of good coffee for breakfast. Maybe you could try one and see? Cookies and cream is my favorite flavor but I haven't tried them all.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Homemade breakfast wraps or sandwiches. I like to scramble center cut bacon, eggs or egg whites, onion, pepper, spinach, mushroom and use low carb/high fiber tortillas and 75% reduced fat cheese - they come out to right around 200 calories each. I can make 8, flash freeze them, and my family can heat and eat on the way.

You can also freeze your own "egg mcmuffins" in the same way.

My absolute favorite is the egg muffin or a crustless quiche. It's something you could pack and microwave in the office, but since it takes 2 minutes in the morning to heat, I can usually just heat and eat all week.

ETA without meat you can still make the above. Omit bacon/meat. You can make your egg patties with added cut up veggies for the sandwiches too.

Nothing to do with food... but has anyone ever told you that you like like Tamara Tunie (Dr. Warner on Law and Order: SVU)?

Ooh, she's awesome!
    Never, but I have gotten Tia and Tamara Mowry as well as Hilary from Fresh Prince (which I had never heard, and never before realized).

Thanks! :)
  • film_anna
    film_anna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Asians do spicy beans on toast.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Queenmunchy! But I think anything involving eggs, onion, pepper, etc. would smell pretty offensive to my colleagues at the office lolol

protein smoothie...

As mentioned as well...cereal with milk, fruit salad, toast, nutella sandwich with banana or peanut butter with banana......

as for time in advance really??? you don't have 30mins to make a breakfast for the week?

I had knee surgery recently, and I am on crutches so yeah - it takes someone on crutches a pretty long time to cook stuff - thus I was looking for quick and easy.

No need to be so snarky. I don't know why people on here feel the need to be like that.

I wasn't being snarky...but you didn't give all the info either...

Glad you honed in on the last sentence instead of any ideas I gave you...

*insert snark* and no 30 mins in an oven doesn't take much to do crutches or no.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

protein smoothie...

I wasn't being snarky...but you didn't give all the info either...

Glad you honed in on the last sentence instead of any ideas I gave you...

*insert snark* and no 30 mins in an oven doesn't take much to do crutches or no.

Actually yeah it's quite difficult to cook on a stove top and put things in an oven when you're on non-weight bearing crutches. Even getting things from microwave to table is a hassle.

But thank you so much for the tips.

• amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Im allergic to oatmeal; so i do rolled wheat. I just soak it in almond milk, add some fruit and let it sit overnight and add some honey and cinnamon in the morning. You can microwave it or not the consistency is the same as cooked oatmeal.

fruit with nuts
    left overs (because im lazy)
    pb and honey
    chia seed pudding
    smoothie

If I can fit it in a mason jar, its fair game. Seriously though I do find it very convenient to prep ahead of time and just keep small mason jars in the fridge for grab and go meals.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    For the posters who recommended peanut butter...THANK YOU! I never thought of having it for breakfast before, but I put it on my nutria-grain waffles this morning and it was fantastic!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    :p Peanut butter solves all problems.
  • JuliannaEP
    JuliannaEP Posts: 53 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lyttlewon wrote: »
    So this sounds weird to some people, but I love cold buttermilk pancakes with peanut butter smeared on them. My mom would have leftovers from making breakfast, and I would always eat the leftovers right out of the fridge. Sometimes just plain.

OMG- we're soul mates! I thought my husband and I were the only ones who love cold pancakes with peanut butter. Everyone else turns their noses up.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Have you ever tried steel cut oats rather than the packaged instant kind? It's much tastier and way more filling. I make mine in a rice cooker. I add chopped apples, reduced sugar dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon. When it's done cooking, make individual servings by scooping it into a mini muffin tray and freezing it. 2 minutes in the microwave (which smells wonderful...like oatmeal cookies) and you have a hot breakfast. It would be about 5 minutes total on your feet to make breakfast for a full week.

Other quick options, peanut butter and honey on half of a whole wheat bagel or an entire multi-grain English muffin, or a hard boiled egg a piece of fruit.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    JuliannaEP wrote: »
    lyttlewon wrote: »
    So this sounds weird to some people, but I love cold buttermilk pancakes with peanut butter smeared on them. My mom would have leftovers from making breakfast, and I would always eat the leftovers right out of the fridge. Sometimes just plain.

OMG- we're soul mates! I thought my husband and I were the only ones who love cold pancakes with peanut butter. Everyone else turns their noses up.

I love cold pancakes almost as much as I love cold pizza :)

• Want2bthin135
    Want2bthin135 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast at my desk.

1. I make a big batch of muffins and put them in the freezer. Nuke them for 30 seconds before leaving the house.
    2. Boiled eggs (not sure if you eat eggs)
    3. Refrigerator oatmeal, made the night before.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you have a source of really hot water (like from a coffee maker or keurig), you could make oatmeal, grits... anything that is instant. Also, I get in a lot of fruit this way by just having fruit for breakfast. A lot of people I work with make shakes (like full of fruits/veggies) and bring with them. Muffins are an easy go-to, and you can make them healthier by using certain veggies or fruits and not using as much sugar. Cereal bars, nutri-grain bars or really any type of "bar"...you can make homemade bars. You could also take boiled eggs (if you eat eggs).

Hope this helps.