Weight while going to the gym

Options
Does anyone know why am gaining weight instead of losing it, I roughly burn around 600kl per visit. Between cardio and weights, my body shop isn't even changing! I've now been at the gym for 2 months. Can anyone help?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? Weight loss happens mainly in the kitchen.
  • chrissie81_
    chrissie81_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Am about 1300 a day, I walk around 12000 steps a day, along with what I do in the gym which can be the same amount. I used to use the gym last year and stopped the weight fell off then, but now it doesn't seem to want to move and my diet is probably more healthier than last year
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    You're either overestimating your burn or underestimating your intake.
  • chrissie81_
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I started at 12 stone and now am 12.6 I haven't increased food or what I eat i still eat the same. No cheating either no chocolate, or fizzy juice etc
  • Kirsty_lou88
    Kirsty_lou88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Give me a typical breakfast lunch tea...

Xxx
  • chrissie81_
    Options
    Breakfast, whole meal bread-toasted and banana
    Lunch, tuna or chicken salad no dressing
    Dinner, chicken fillet with a cup of rice
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You're either overestimating your burn or underestimating your intake.

This entirely. How accurate is your logging? Do you weigh everything in ounces or grams? Do you use liquid measurements for all caloric liquids?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You aren't weighing and accurately logging all your food and drink

You are eating in surplus

You aren't burning as much as you think

It's quite common

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY&feature=youtu.be

• Kirsty_lou88
    Options
    Weighing is key! Especially with carbs (even wholewheat)
    We need to have a deficit of 500 calories per day for 7 whole days to lose 1 pound on the scales.
    Calculate your BMR (basic metabolic rate) for your weight and lose 500 cals per day
    Xx
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Weighing is key! Especially with carbs (even wholewheat)
    We need to have a deficit of 500 calories per day for 7 whole days to lose 1 pound on the scales.
    Calculate your BMR (basic metabolic rate) for your weight and lose 500 cals per day
    Xx

Not especially with carbs ...all food

BMR is irrelevant ...it's her TDEE she needs but easier to take MFP value and eat back half the exercise
  • chrissie81_
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies
  • Kirsty_lou88
    Options
    If your going to use abbreviations at least type them out for people who don't know them...
  • Kirsty_lou88
    Options
    What's tdee? X
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    If your going to use abbreviations at least type them out for people who don't know them...

You used BMR so I assume you know that stands for basal metabolic rate which is the level of calories your body would use up if you were in a coma

TDEE is total daily energy expenditure = BMR + activity level + purposeful exercise

MFP is My fitness pal

Please is a common word most people use when asking others to give them information
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough
    eating too much
    something medical going on
    too routine
    Eating back all the exercise burn cals
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Not eating enough and too routine are not relevant I'm afraid
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options

if this all you are eating, it's not enough at all. you need to balance all food groups. you aren't showing any protein in breakfast and no veggies. you aren't even healthy fats. if you do not eat enough for your workouts, your body is going to fight you every step of the way. it won't know what to burn, where to take it for the burn. you aren't eating a balanced diet to have stored nutrients for workouts.
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    it is relevant if you don't eat enough and become too routine. your body gets use to the way you do things. you almost always have to change things up some. you have to eat enough of all food groups for you body to function properly.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Not eating enough <== LOLNope!
    eating too much
    something medical going on
    too routine
    Eating back all the exercise burn cals

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

if this all you are eating, it's not enough at all. you need to balance all food groups. you aren't showing any protein in breakfast and no veggies. you aren't even healthy fats. if you do not eat enough for your workouts, your body is going to fight you every step of the way. it won't know what to burn, where to take it for the burn. you aren't eating a balanced diet to have stored nutrients for workouts.
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    it is relevant if you don't eat enough and become too routine. your body gets use to the way you do things. you almost always have to change things up some. you have to eat enough of all food groups for you body to function properly.

I have never seen any science that said that muscle confusion or dietary confusion actually worked. Can you pass along some sources? I'd love to read some studies that say this because it would change my entire world view on this topic.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    it is relevant if you don't eat enough and become too routine. your body gets use to the way you do things. you almost always have to change things up some.

Whiskey.

Tango.

Foxtrot.

(?)

Over.