Can't stand breakfast! Help!!!!

Options
All my life I have struggle with breakfast!!! I don't tend to eat till around 1-2pm in the day which leaves me feeling rubbish but I've never found anything I like for breakfast that doesn't over bloat me!!! I hate going out feeling bloated and full!
I need to get back into a good daily routine! Working shifts doesn't help either!
Please feel free to add and message me!!!!
Thank you Xoxoxox

Replies

• Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Skip it

I do usually

Once I eat breakfast it wakes up the hunger monster

A protein shake or a chunk of dark chocolate does me fine for breakfast

If you have not tried 80% cocoa chocolate google it

Very good for you and is lower sugar

And chocolate for breakfast? Yum!

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Just eat something you'd normally eat for lunch or dinner. Don't have to eat typical breakfast food for breakfast. Have some chicken or fish. Veggies. A rice bowl. Soup.

I work shift work and don't break fast till after 2pm and it's usually leftovers from dinner the night before or I make some kind of meat, starch, and a veggie. Sometimes it's a sandwich.
  • Roony02
    Roony02 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't skip it, 'Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar' Omelette, burger, chicken, cottage cheese, wrap, granola bar
  • Rurufit
    Rurufit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I never have breakfast. I only have my coffee in the morning.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Roony02 wrote: »
    Don't skip it, 'Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar' Omelette, burger, chicken, cottage cheese, wrap, granola bar
    diethood.com/b-l-a-t-omelette-wrap-giveaway/

Crappy Dr. Oz-ish woo. Not necessary.

I never eat (aside from coffee) until about noon to 1:00.
  • Roony02
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

I just don't think its a good idea not to eat from dinner the night before until lunch time?? Id guess most people on a healthy balanced diet who exercise probably eat every 3-4 hours apart from overnight.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I eat a healthy, balanced diet most of the time and I walk 3-6 miles daily. I just don't eat in the morning. I eat a light lunch and the rest of what I eat is between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. Meal timing has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options

I just don't think its a good idea not to eat from dinner the night before until lunch time?? Id guess most people on a healthy balanced diet who exercise probably eat every 3-4 hours apart from overnight.

Meal timing and meal frequency have literally no impact on weight loss. There is nothing wrong with going 12+ hours while fasting. You might want to research interim fasting. It takes 72-96 hours of NO calories to even have an impact on your metabolism. So what you currently believe has been debunked. Now, I will say, if that is the eating pattern that you like and that keeps you going, then great, but by NO means is breakfast a requirement for weight loss or for being fit.

OP, you don't have to have a normal breakfast. Just incorporate foods you like for breakfast. I occasionally do lunch foods for breakfast. Or you can even do stuff like greek yogurt with granola or something.
  • Roony02
    Options
    Agreed, your body doesn't know what time it is at the end of the day you should eat when you're hungry. If you don't get hungry in the morning then that's fair enough and that works for you. I just cant go that long, we're all different and that's why nutrition is such a highly disputed subject as theories are always changing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Agreed, your body doesn't know what time it is at the end of the day you should eat when you're hungry. If you don't get hungry in the morning then that's fair enough and that works for you. I just cant go that long, we're all different and that's why nutrition is such a highly disputed subject as theories are always changing.

Well there is a huge difference between how you say things. Telling people NOT to skip breakfast is founded by broscience. Telling people how your approach your weight loss, is another thing. One is going to get you called out for promoting broscience, they other won't.

Because quotes like this, are an opinion and are NOT founded by science but rather bloggers.
    Roony02 wrote:
    Don't skip it, 'Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar'
  • Sarajvz
    Sarajvz Posts: 30 Member
    Options

It's actually called intermittent fasting and there's many people who are very successful eating this way. I've lost over 50lbs and have been in maintenance for a while now-I break my daily fast after 11am and finish eating by 7pm. This way of eating is called 18:6IF and it's pretty awesome actually.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast. It just doesn't matter.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    False.
    If you don't like breakfast because you aren't hungry or it messes with your stomach, don't eat it. Skipping breakfast is not a bad thing.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    if you are not hungry then don't eat. There is no set time for meals. Eat when you get hungry and eat what you want. As long as you stay within your goals you will be fine.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You don't have to eat breakfast. It just doesn't matter.

breakfast (ˈbrɛkfəst)
    n
    a. the first meal of the day

This is how I deal with breakfast. It might be at 4 PM, but I consider it breakfast!

• Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you are skipping breakfast type foods because they bother your digestion, but actually feel hungry in the mornings that is probably not good for you from a mental-emotional state. Personally makes me "hangry".

Don't eat "breakfast foods" then. Have a steak. Eat a hamburger. Stit-fry some veggies. Again, personally if I eat a high sugar breakfast food it upsets my stomach.

If you're truly not hungry then it's okay to skip it.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to. If you do want to, you don't have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You can eat whenever you want.
    Do what works for you and helps you function best.
    You could eat a very small amount early in the day and eat most of your calories later.

I eat a small breakfast- around 200 calories- and larger amounts later in the day. I also eat whatever food I want no matter what time of day it is.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I dislike breakfast, but I do better at the office when I eat it. I have a protein smoothie in the morning. Something that doesn't sit heavy in my body. My smoothie is just a handful of frozen fruit, and some milk/yogurt, and protein powder. On the weekend I don't eat breakfast at all. I have coffee, and eat a big lunch.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you are hungry in the morning, eat. If you aren't, don't eat. I usually eat breakfast but after my morning coffee, I wasn't. Just had an apple as a mid-morning snack, and it will hold me over til lunch. The breakfast that I packed may be my mid-afternoon snack! :)