Time change

Options
Anyone else having trouble adapting to the time change? I had everything down so that I pretty much ate meals and snacks at certain times, it is going to take a little time to readjust because my body of course doesn't realize the time is different now.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It always takes me a week or so to get used to it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not when it comes to eating, but the sleeping time always throws me.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Doesn't change my eating/sleeping but I have to move a lot of my workouts to the gym instead of outside because it gets dark so much earlier after work. Boo.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

This.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me with eating/sleeping. It just makes me mad that it gets dark so early. It limits where I can run after work because I need to do it in a well lit area with sidewalks now instead of just going out my front door.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the only thing it messes me up about is working out for about a week, as it sucks getting home, going to the gym, and it is almost dark out…

if you have your eating habits that meticulously planned out, you may want to "loosen" up a bit...
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am fine but my cat alarm clock is having real problems.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It's been helping me get to the gym earlier.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm having no problem at all. My flipping flapping dogs, however, are having all sorts of problems. They've been up at 4:15 every day so far because I normally let them out at 5:15.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I am fine but my cat alarm clock is having real problems.

Ha! That made me laugh out loud!
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It hasn't seemed to affect my eating or sleeping habits but it definitely screwed me up when I tried to go for a run after work. Guess I'll have to find a new route
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    The joys of living in AZ, no time change :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No, actually the time change has made my 5 am workout easier to wake up to.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me with eating/sleeping. It just makes me mad that it gets dark so early. It limits where I can run after work because I need to do it in a well lit area with sidewalks now instead of just going out my front door.

^^^ This^^^
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

they were talking about taking away daylights savinges time here in TX.... meaning these crazy parents want it to be dark earlier... they must not have kids in sports... or they don't work out...
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    kcrow4102 wrote: »

they were talking about taking away daylights savinges time here in TX.... meaning these crazy parents want it to be dark earlier... they must not have kids in sports... or they don't work out...

Daylight savings is advancing the clock in the spring. We (Texas) don't need more daylight during the summer. It doesn't get dark until after 9PM some days. I'm fine with it getting dark at 8PM in the summer.

DST is a hassle.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    kcrow4102 wrote: »

I support shifting the clock so we have more sun in the evening. So, let's do daylight savings time in the winter, and daylight savings time+ in the summer :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I have more of an issue going from standard time to day light savings time in the spring...daylight savings time should be done away with...there's no reason for it to be light out until 9 PM or whatever.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

This.

Yep. I got up at 3am and showered before 5. I don't come to work until almost 9...
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My phone, automatically changed in my sleep, and I was completely oblivious to the time change, hahah.

Didn't find out it happened till just now reading this.