Does Anyone Pay for MFP?

Options
BLifts38
BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
I've been toying with the idea of paying for the app... just wondering if a lot of others pay for it as well?

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I think it's like the Adobe software suite...somewhere out there one dude is paying for it
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    Why would you want to do that ? :D
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Sure. I like having different goals on different days of the week, and really with the success I've had, I'm happy to support the developers who create and maintain the most useful tool I have to help me get healthy.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Sure. I like having different goals on different days of the week, and really with the success I've had, I'm happy to support the developers who create and maintain the most useful tool I have to help me get healthy.

Same... I find myself adjusting my calories for lifting day versus non lifting days... and then it messes up my macros. Just not sure if it's worth the $10/month.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Its half the price if you get the year I think. I pay for the exact reason. I calorie cycle. So much easier and does not mess with macros.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I do - I paid for for MFP and other tracking apps I use. The premium features are nice and I use them, but my main reason for paying is to show my support to a company which has provided me with a tool that helped me to get in the best shape and health of my entire life. $59 per year is nothing compared to benefits I got from using this tool. Damn it, I spend more than that on coffee in one month.

Many, apparently, cant grasp the concept that nothing is free. No one wants to work for free - apps programmers including. They got to get paid somehow - either by our payments, or incorporating ads. I'd rather contribute as it is only fair.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I just got a one month subscription. Let's see how it goes before I shell out 60 bucks.
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Naa...I like the free stuff. Lol
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Just bought one month's membership to see if I like what's on offer. I will definitely be paying for the full year when the month is up. I love the fact that I can finally calorie cycle, something that was very frustrating on MFP. Now if only they could allow us to delete foods.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    MasterVal: Totally agree with you. $59.99 works out to $4.99 per month or $0.16 per day. How cheap is that?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nope and I won't until the food database is cleaned up and a few other things as well...such as add ignore user and they get rid of the spam...otherwise why?

• OmiLana2014
    OmiLana2014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you pay for mfp, are all of the ads still there? They are messing up my computer!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have the paid version. But it's only cause I'm broke during the holidays. I think I would like to get the paid version in the summer time, cause I'm gonna want all the little detailed extras by then I think.

Of course, you don't need the paid version to lose weight, heck you don't need any version! But I'll keep it forever anyway;)
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When you pay for mfp, are all of the ads still there? They are messing up my computer!

No, it's ad-free
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Same... I find myself adjusting my calories for lifting day versus non lifting days... and then it messes up my macros. Just not sure if it's worth the $10/month.

I was contemplating purchasing premium as I too want to have different calorie goals on different days! It seems a little pricey just to use for that alone though :( I haven't purchased so far!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    After being here 3 years - I finally paid last week - I need to set some accurate goals by weight in grams - not percentage. None of the other paid features are important.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nope, don't pay. Wouldn't pay. The food database is jacked up and can be more of a pain than it's worth, the app is glitchy as hell and constantly closing on me, and the forums have been ruined lately and have turned into your typical internet health forum where woo and feelings are more important than truth. All that combined with the fact that some of the MOST knowledgeable people are moving on or have been banned means a lot would have to change to make this place worth a dime of my money. Just my opinion of course...

[Edited by MFP Staff]
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

If you're using the web version, you can easily download adblocker and not have to deal with the ads. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything comparable for the app.
  • joegibbs2112
    joegibbs2112 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I paid for a year. No pop-ups and works 10 X faster
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I pay. I need to list my goals in grams, not percentages. That alone is worth a few cents a day.