1,000 days logged, 220 pounds lost (100% natural.), its time for plastic surgery.

Options
PosterGuy1
PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello all. Technically its 999 days logged, and 219.8 pounds lost.:) The support I have gotten here has been great!

My original story is here-

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1160837/from-420-2-pounds-to-219-6-pounds-picture/p1

[link removed by mod]

What are your experiences with plastic surgery?

zpitr4eekmdy.jpg

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Amazing job.......
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Way to get it!

Thank you!
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. You are an inspiration.
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing weight loss. My guess is at this juncture you will be needing abdominoplasty and a man boob lift. I think if you dont shop for cheap and do your research to find a highly rated well known reputable plastic surgeon you will be very happy with the result. you will also get one that you deserve. I think you are going to be very happy. I worked with plastic surgeons and you get a good one you will never regret your decision. Go for it!!! Feel free to message me if you have any questions I might be able to answer for you.

Thanks!

Yes to both procedures. Brachioplasty and a thigh lift, too.
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    Amazing job.......

Thank you!

• PosterGuy1
    Options
    2wise4u wrote: »
    Absolutely amazing. You are an inspiration.

Very thoughtful!

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Good job. Amazing. It's great you're getting the surgery!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Good work! You've done great :)
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. Congratulations!

I would expect a reputable surgeon to want you to maintain for a bit before doing the surgery. Do your research so you get the results you are looking for!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work paying off!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I am guessing you can relate to this guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKDteQ3FIQ

There are many in my bariatric support group who eventually go for plastic surgery. I heard a plastic surgeon describing the dilemma for those of us who have lost significant weight that we are trapped in a skin suit that is too big for us. So what is needed is a skin tailor. I suggest you pick your surgeon before you pick your surgery. Make sure the surgeon is board certified. After you have a consult you'll have a much better idea on what is available.

From the stories in my group I would say the pain and recovery is significant, but every one in my group were happy with the ultimate result.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!

I got abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and brachioplasty (arm lift) this past March and am tentatively planning to get a thigh lift next spring. My extra skin wasn't terrible and didn't cause any medical problems so I had to pay for it out of pocket, but it was completely worth it. I had maintained at this weight for about 2.5 years by the time I had the surgery. I recommend waiting til you have stabilized at a weight for a bit to know for sure that you can sustain it and to see how your body is at that point. I did not find loose skin stretches back or changes over time, so surgery is really the only way to get rid of it, but I'm still glad I waited a couple of years. The surgeons I visited said they recommend maintaining the weight for at least a year or 18 months before having surgery, but that's not a prerequisite if you're paying for it yourself.

Definitely see a few surgeons for consultations- some charge a fee, but the ones I went to were all free. You can really get a sense of how comfortable you feel with someone after meeting with them, and certainly reading reviews and others' experiences with a doctor helps a lot as well. Realself.com has really helpful forums and reviews from people who have undergone these procedures.

Good luck!
  • PosterGuy1
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    Congrats on the weight loss!

I got abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and brachioplasty (arm lift) this past March and am tentatively planning to get a thigh lift next spring. My extra skin wasn't terrible and didn't cause any medical problems so I had to pay for it out of pocket, but it was completely worth it. I had maintained at this weight for about 2.5 years by the time I had the surgery. I recommend waiting til you have stabilized at a weight for a bit to know for sure that you can sustain it and to see how your body is at that point. I did not find loose skin stretches back or changes over time, so surgery is really the only way to get rid of it, but I'm still glad I waited a couple of years. The surgeons I visited said they recommend maintaining the weight for at least a year or 18 months before having surgery, but that's not a prerequisite if you're paying for it yourself.

Definitely see a few surgeons for consultations- some charge a fee, but the ones I went to were all free. You can really get a sense of how comfortable you feel with someone after meeting with them, and certainly reading reviews and others' experiences with a doctor helps a lot as well. Realself.com has really helpful forums and reviews from people who have undergone these procedures.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just want to say great job and I'll be sending some positive energy your way!
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with the surgery but here I am complaining that ya hard to lose 18 lbs and then I read your story. What an amazing job! You are an inspiration
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Same here, amazing transformation!.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Great work! Best wishes for maintenance and possible surgeries to come. Having stuck with the process for 3 years should give you the confidence needed to stay healthy and looking good.