Like Minded Lushes June 2011

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night my frugality got the better of me (no, I guess if I was really cheap I wouldn't order an alcoholic beverage) but Coors light was the best deal, so I had a beer, which I wasn't going to drink for two weeks.
    Then got to talking and went next door to the bar and had three more...
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Doing good so far this week... Nothing since Sunday (only had a couple shots in the morning to help fight the hangover from Saturday:wink: ). I'm thinking about keepin' it a sober weekend... Maybe a glass of wine or two since we finally got nice springtime (low 70's) weather here in Oregon but other than that I just wanna take it easy and hang with my kiddos! I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to go to the beach for a day but he blew out his knew last week and can't really handle that long of a drive or walking in the sand so I really have to plot out my plans perfectly to get him to agree:tongue:
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet 7- up. Im also gonna try raspberry vodka and diet 7 up! :) mmmmmm
    I am so happy I'm not the only lush trying to lose weight. I like coming home after a hard day and having a vodka and coke. But it seems like I am having alot of hard days lol. I'm so glad I'm not alone. But if there was a diet alcoholic beverage out there with low carbs I would so drink it but one can dream!!!!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Last night my frugality got the better of me (no, I guess if I was really cheap I wouldn't order an alcoholic beverage) but Coors light was the best deal, so I had a beer, which I wasn't going to drink for two weeks.
    Then got to talking and went next door to the bar and had three more...
    MMMM coors light!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Well, I've given up the idea if staying dry until Fridays. Its been close to 90 all week and summer is just so much better when you can relax at the end of a hot day with an ice cold Sam Summer =]

So, I had a Sam Summer Tuesday, two last night and a glass of wine. I've got 3 left, which may be had tonight for the basketball game. Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my mom And gram so there will be wine =] and then I'm sure something on Saturday for date night. I love summer :glasses: Fall is my favorite but I'm in love with the heat and sun. My boyfriend calls me a lizard becausr I love to just sit out in the sun all day.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Guess which lush is back..oh yeah!!!! Wine on a Thursday night woohoooooo :drinker: :bigsmile:

and it's all the fault of the company who delivers my grocery shopping, they offered a free bottle of wine to mark the anniversary of my first order with them, it would've been rude to refuse!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Kim, I agree.. you can't beat sitting out in the warm sun with a nice cold beer or glass of wine!

Yvonne, that's awesome they gave you a bottle of wine. That's always such a nice gift. My husbands friend brought me a bottle a few nights ago so I went to the liquor store and bought a half gallon of whiskey for the boys. Needless to say i'm a lush and bypassed the wine and went straight for the liquor as well :drinker:
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    I'm having a night off :noway: - I have loads of calories left over that are inviting me to have a drink but I just don't fancy it. I must be coming down with something! Friday tomorrow though, so I'll probably feel duty-bound to have a drink or three....
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    mon-0
    tuesday-0
    wed-0
    thursday-0
    Friday will be zero, but Saturday night...watch out
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Guess which lush is back..oh yeah!!!! Wine on a Thursday night woohoooooo :drinker: :bigsmile:

and it's all the fault of the company who delivers my grocery shopping, they offered a free bottle of wine to mark the anniversary of my first order with them, it would've been rude to refuse!

Must never refuse free alcohol! good for you!:bigsmile:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    wooohooo have fun Robin!

WB Yvonne :devil:

I can not be as lushy as hoped as I am now working tomorrow. :explode: I will do a bottle at least though I'm sure :tongue:
  • leaw24
    leaw24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ugh so cross with myself, drank plenty of wine last night and then wound up de-touring via a chinese takeout... hello sesame prawn toasts and duck with rice, goodbye making my calorie goal (and all my other damn goals) for the day...

Now sitting at work with a little bit of a headache but have promised myself I will go to the gym this evening as I've not got any plans. Today is not going to be fun :(
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Doing a 15K night hike for charity tonight. It kicks off with a glass of champagne at 7.30! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

Firstone Walker Double Jack is soooo awesome. Had 11oz of that and 1/2 Fegleys Hopsolutely, total 17oz of beer....Mmmm beer!!!!!!!!
    Tonight we are heading down to Sea Isle, NJ for the weekend and it is guaranteed to be very lushy!!! Tonight I'll stick to wine and tomorrow frozen daquiris, raspeberry vodka and sprite zero and BEER :drinker:
    I'm gonna get a nice long walk along the beach tomorrow morning to help my day out alittle, but after that I make no promises :laugh:

I weighed in today (my normal weigh in day is saturday) since I won't be around tomorrow and SUCCESS I was at my goal weight :happy: But I think I will keep my setting as they are for the next couple of weeks since we will be super busy with summer celebrations!!!! But once they suside alittle I'm going on maintenance and going to start 30day shred!!!!

Enjoy your day everyone!!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Doing a 15K night hike for charity tonight. It kicks off with a glass of champagne at 7.30! :drinker:

Sounds like a great event :)
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What a great thread. Glad to see there are people out there who are trying to lose weigh or get into shape but aren't giving up all their vices to achieve their goals. You have to live a little!!!!!

I've been trying to cut the alchohol out during the week as well. So far so good this week. I'm heading to the beach for vacation at the end of the month so my goal is to really cut back until then. Of course on Tuesday I'm going to bottle beer that we made. :drinker: I'm sure I'll be doing a little taste testing.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Found out last night that I am going to be a grandma. :noway: Drank lots of vodka to get a grip on the idea.

DD is 27 and her hubby is 34. They have been together 8 years and got married in January. Stable jobs, good home so it is all really good news and she has wanted this for a long time but .......

I am too young to be a grandma:sad: I am having trouble wrapping my lushy little mind around the idea. I am sure I will get more into it as time goes on. I am really excited, just kind of freaked out.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Found out last night that I am going to be a grandma. :noway: Drank lots of vodka to get a grip on the idea.

DD is 27 and her hubby is 34. They have been together 8 years and got married in January. Stable jobs, good home so it is all really good news and she has wanted this for a long time but .......

I am too young to be a grandma:sad: I am having trouble wrapping my lushy little mind around the idea. I am sure I will get more into it as time goes on. I am really excited, just kind of freaked out.

Young grandmoms are the best!!!!! Congrats to your daughter and husband!!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Welcome to granny world! :bigsmile: It's much more fun the second time around. You get to feed them junk, spoil them, dress them funny, give them too much sugar and then send them home!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Robin...that's exciting news

I was lushy last night...very lushy...but, no more this week