Naked Yoga?

Hey I was doing research on different stretches on YouTube and stumbled upon "naked yoga" it says it's really good for making you feel in tuned with your body but I don't know has anyone tryed it and have any opinions of the benefits???

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Never tried it, sounds completely demotivating to me tho...But I'd be willing to watch a handsome instructor instruct!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Sometimes I'm too lazy to go change into workout clothes, I'll just strip and do naked yoga or semi-naked yoga in my livingroom (we have no kids). It has nothing to do with getting in tune with my body, its pure laziness.

My husband likes to sit on the couch and watch. ;)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I think you can do the same thing with clothes on but if you want to, go for it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Naked yoga is just one downward dog away from naked twister... which is probably even less motivating.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Are you talking about naked yoga classes? I would have to pass on that. I don't want to be in front of someone doing the downward dog...nor do I want to be behind someone else doing it. If it's in your own house, do what you feel comfortable with. I don't think the health benefits would be any higher sans clothes but if you are more comfy in your birthday suit, go for it.
  • I naked shower.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    So, downward doggy-style? I'm confused.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    edited November 2015
    I've practiced yoga naked at home, and I love to swim naked, but wouldn't say there were any benefits to either, rather than not having wet fabric on my crotch after swimming.

Practicing yoga naked outside where I could feel the air on my skin would feel nice, but there wouldn't be any more getting in tune with my body benefits than sunbathing.

A body scan meditation would be a better way to get in touch with your body.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member

IN.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I lost my appetite just now.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,738 Member
    Ewww, no. I wouldn't want to see myself doing yoga naked, let alone anyone else. No thanks. To each their own. If you like it, go for it, but it's definitely not for me.
  • debrakgoogins

Downward dog is a yoga position. I'm sure it has been used for other indoor sports as well which would be better suited for nakedness.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Never tried it, sounds completely demotivating to me tho...But I'd be willing to watch a handsome instructor instruct!

This is the only way I'd ever voluntarily go to a yoga class.

• tincanonastring
    Imagine some of these asanas, but naked. OP, if you can handle this, more power to you!

IMG_2957.jpg

Beachbody-blog-flexyplexy.jpg

Beachbody-blog-flexyplexy-earpressure.jpg
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    in a class the last thing I want to do is look up and see someone's sweaty nether regions * . By myself; I have big boobs and don't like them wandering free...they get in the way....plus the mats get slippery if you don't have clothes to soak up the sweat
  • retailwizard1
    retailwizard1 Posts: 84 Member
    Ok naked class or us home naked and with yoga
  • retailwizard1
    retailwizard1 Posts: 84 Member
    Big difference. ..
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    whoa
  • tincanonastring
    Lol at the abuse flag.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Lol at the abuse flag.

I thought that was funny too. They are perfectly natural yoga poses lol
  • debrakgoogins
    @tincanonastring Someone gave you an abuse flag for posting pictures of fully clothed yoga poses?!
  • tincanonastring
    @tincanonastring Someone gave you an abuse flag for posting pictures of fully clothed yoga poses?!

And for pointing it out!
  • debrakgoogins
    Haha, be sure not to post any running pictures. The runners wear less clothes than the yogi did.
  • szewczykm
    szewczykm Posts: 7 Member
    Seems like a great spectator sport.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    edited November 2015
    LOL. Yoga is one thing I wouldn't like doing naked. The pictures of some of the poses explain why :grin:

But I do wear fewer clothes than I usually wear in athletics. The clothes hang and even make it hard to breathe in many poses. I've ripped off my T-shirt home in front of my dogs more times than I can count in the middle of a session. The dogs don't care, of course :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    This reminds me of Seinfeld.

tumblr_lnl77lANsW1qblh0ho1_500.png?resize=500%2C375
  • szewczykm
    szewczykm Posts: 7 Member
    LOL. Yoga is one thing I wouldn't like doing naked. The pictures of some of the poses explain why :grin:

But I do wear fewer clothes than I usually wear in athletics. The clothes hang and even make it hard to breathe in many poses. I've ripped off my T-shirt home in front of my dogs more times than I can count in the middle of a session. The dogs don't care, of course :)

I started Yoga again last week and I was struggling with my loose shirt completely dropping down over my head when in downward facing poses. I may wear a cycling jersey tonight because they stay in place. Until I find a better solution.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    szewczykm wrote: »

I started Yoga again last week and I was struggling with my loose shirt completely dropping down over my head when in downward facing poses. I may wear a cycling jersey tonight because they stay in place. Until I find a better solution.

Just a jog bra :grin: Well, you could!

You do have to wear something tight. If people think that's for showing off yoga bodies, it's really not.
  • Beachbody-blog-flexyplexy-earpressure.jpg

I see this pose and I think balls to the face.
  • tincanonastring
    Beachbody-blog-flexyplexy-earpressure.jpg

I see this pose and I think balls to the face.

+2