Today my motivation is....

Options

Replies

• rogers48
    rogers48 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation is: I just found out that my high school class of 1966 is planning a 50th year class reunion! I can not go looking like this. I have to get this weight off! I am going to do it. They are planning on having the reunion next September 2016 so I have 10 months to loose 56 lbs. Please say it with me. I CAN DO THIS! Started logging my food yesterday and I am going to walk everyday when I get home from work!
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Woo hoo. 1 pound down. Finally. Today my motivation is...to start out well with my personal commitment for the month of November to walk and/or jog at least 5 miles per day. I did it yesterday and I plan to make it two days in a row today.

Awesome on the number being down!

5 miles a day. You brave brave soul. I'll get there. I have faith.

Today, it's a real life friend of mine joined mfp today. Better kick it in high gear
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    rogers48 wrote: »
    Today my motivation is: I just found out that my high school class of 1966 is planning a 50th year class reunion! I can not go looking like this. I have to get this weight off! I am going to do it. They are planning on having the reunion next September 2016 so I have 10 months to loose 56 lbs. Please say it with me. I CAN DO THIS! Started logging my food yesterday and I am going to walk everyday when I get home from work!

Oh, for sure you can do it! Just walk and log every bite. 56 pounds is just a little over a pound a week!

• rogers48
    Options
    Today my motivation is: A guy brought 5 doz. Crispy Cream Donuts to work this morning and I DID NOT EAT A SINGLE ONE!!!!!! I am superwoman today!
  • rogers48
    Options
    Motivation comes from the strangest places! LOL When I saw those Donuts I was determined to stay on track with my healthy eating!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    rogers48 wrote: »
    Motivation comes from the strangest places! LOL When I saw those Donuts I was determined to stay on track with my healthy eating!
    I'm just wondering what your Super Hero uniform looks like! Cape or no cape?

• bri170lb
    Options
    Today my motivation is knowing that with God, nothing is impossible. I am not a slave to my past, I am free!

• rogers48
    Options
    Definitely a Bright Red cape! LOL
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Today's motivation is a clean house. I've been super busy at work and have been coasting by doing the bare minimum. Today I will move and vacuum and clean.
  • Christians_mom
    Christians_mom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Today my motivation is my son. I'm a single mom and need to be around until he's at least 50!
  • kkkkkt3690
    kkkkkt3690 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation is to look as hot as my best friends.
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Today my motivation is all of you! How's it going to look if I don't have this down next year?
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My motivation is...getting below 200 lbs for the first time since high school. That would be 25+ years. I am within 15 lbs of the goal...planning to be there by Christmas. To God be the glory!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My motivation for today is that the first half-pound is gone. I'm a repeat offender so I'm back to lose the same 20 pounds I've lost three times in the past fifteen years, but that first half-pound gone from the scale always cheers me up.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Today's motivation for me is TOMORROW! My sisters, boss and I are having a Girls day in Niagara Falls, and apparently the focus will be shopping and eating....oi...Once again, I am the only one of the group concerned with calories in/out...so I will be the one who is dancing while I shop, jumping over park benches, and NOT eating crap all day! But I do plan to have a drinkie or two, so my workout tonite will be in honor of THOSE calories! xo
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    House is almost where I want it but for today my motivation is to clear out the clutter so I can move and breath easier. If I can clear the clutter from my house and environment, I can clear the clutter (extra pounds of fat) from myself.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Today my motivation is that I am back on track after a setback when I went off my blood pressure med. I gained 7 pounds of water weight in a week. Then I worked it out with my doctor and have lost 9 pounds. This, all in the course of 2 weeks!

I'm back where I expected to be, on track for my end of the year goal and, no blood pressure meds!

• emmargest
    emmargest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I sat down with my family and figured out our family tree going back three generations for a school assignment. That's my motivation today. Outside of two people, no one lived past 63. There was lots of preventable illness. I may have those genes, but I'm going to control my future and lifespan (and enjoyment of life) as best I can. My life goal is to eat well, stay active, love God and love others.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    ..my ten year old daughter. I've been running for just about a year now and have been thinking of it mostly as something I'm doing for myself, but my daughter must think I'm having fun because she's decided to join me in a local reindeer dash 5K in December. We did our first training run yesterday and are planning some elf-themed outfits for the race. I needed to get started for myself, but I'm realizing that getting myself in shape is having a positive effect on my family, too.
  • bri170lb
    Options
    Today my motivation is ....my goal. My end of the year goal is insight and very do-able! I just have to keep moving foward!